Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
the why:

I ordered a pair of these 120 led dual intensity bulbs
I like what they do and they look sharp ..maybe a little too bright as it takes away the "dark" red look (might try red ones next time)
here is what they looked like:

the why not:

This is what happens when you buy cheap stuff from ebay
not one but BOTH bulbs did this...dunno how I'm gonna get them out yet,but I'm sure it will be interesting.
(note)
when this happens and you blow your fuse the ecs light comes on and the shifter locks in park and when you unlock that with the shifter lock you will also find that you cannot use cruise control,
it was so fun traveling this thanksgiving (Canadian)

·
Registered
223 Posts
you'll need to remove your tail lamp. Its easy, just a couple of bolts and then shake the led bulb out of the hole. I was going to order some leds like those, but I will reconsider now haha. I guess its vleds or nothing.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Not a big problem. As noted above remove the tail light fixture and shake out the bulb. Do not over tighten when installing as the studs are breaking for a lot of people. You may be able to adjust the contacts so the bulb base will lock on better.

It is recommended when possible to install the led of same color as the lens.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Littlefoot, I had some bulbs that looked just like yours. I was very pleased when I first installed them; the brightness/intensity of both the tail light and brake light was ideal. A couple of weeks later one bulb had every other row of LEDs "flickering"-- the other bulb had about 1/4 of the LEDs out-- so I removed them. When I took them out they felt like they were ready to fall apart. These bulbs are just trash-- when I contacted the Seller, he told me I needed resistors . . .

·
Premium Member
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the bulb base stayed just fine and there was even a built in resistor ...it just melted the solder connections i think ...might try a sticky or magnet on a string to get that out as i don't want to mark the reflective surface

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
Hobby stores have little "grabbers". They are like a four inch flexible shaft with open/close pincers on the end. Go for like 7 bucks. Might help versus doing the shake and shimmy with the lamp assembly.

I just did a quick google on it and these are much larger but you get the idea what available.

GrabEASY Flexible Grabber Tool | eBay

·
Registered
788 Posts
I was told to always install the same color LEDs as the lens. I heard the white LEDs have a tendency to fade the color of the lens. I don't know if that is true or not.

·
Premium Member
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
stock bulbs are white

1 - 9 of 9 Posts