Hyundai Forums banner

121 - 134 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 2019 Santa Fe Ultimate, it has 12 speakers including sub, can anyone tell me exactly where they're located, Im not completely convince it has 12 speakers.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Here is how Hyundai counts it :

3 dash
4 front doors
4 rear doors
1 sub left rear wall

Reminds me of getting estimates for window replacement in my house - one quote said 18 windows, the other 14 . One counted 2 large windows each with 2 small sliding panes as 3 windows, the other as one. One didn't get the business with a higher cost for more windows.

So guess what the door speakers are counted as ?

Reactions: tex2670

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
IIRC the newer Genesis cars have 17 speakers - I can only imagine how long it would take to figure out where all of those are located, 12 is enough of a challenge.

·
Registered
2019 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T HTRAC
745 Posts
There are 10 grills in Canada models. 3 front, 4 door, 3 cargo. Obviously some have multiple speakers behind.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
I think it's run of the mill, irrespective of how many speakers Hyundai hooks to it, just picked up a Ford with bang and olufsen - only 6 speakers but the clarity is excellent - doesn't have a sub woofer but IMO trying to produce too much bass in a small area can have mixed results.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
I think it's run of the mill, irrespective of how many speakers Hyundai hooks to it, just picked up a Ford with bang and olufsen - only 6 speakers but the clarity is excellent - doesn't have a sub woofer but IMO trying to produce too much bass in a small area can have mixed results.
Found out I actually have 10 speakers - the sound is a good deal better than the Infinity 12 speaker in the Hyundai.

·
Registered
2020 Santa Fe Limited 2.0T AWD Stormy Sea
254 Posts
Go watch a Savagegeese car review on YouTube and see his opinion on the B&O systems ford puts in their cars. His reviews always include audio measurements with graphs as well as the opinions of a guy who has reviewed hundreds of cars.

Jump to 6 minute mark.

Jump to 4:10 mark.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
I watched the entire review - it has entertainment value and little else, it's loaded with inaccuracies - the worst being that knowledgeable reviewers at car and driver and motor trend find the drive train to be exceptional on the Ranger - and that reviewer is recommending Chevy Colorado or Tacoma - both have their drawbacks and some reviews rank Tacoma pretty far down . That guy is a complete hack. I have both Sante Fe with Infinity premium and Ranger with bang and oulefsen and the latter has a much cleaner sound.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’m new here..so hello!
I just purchased the 2019 Hyundai Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0 T. I absolutely loved the car, with one major exception!!! The sound quality is HORRIBLE! I’ve already brought it to a couple of sound places to see what i would need to fix it, & they’ve been in complete disbelief in what they were hearing… Am I the only one?
I agree. I have a 2019 Santa Fe XL Ultimate Limited and the sound sucks. With adjectives like ultimate unlimited I can’t believe they could pass the sound system in this thing off as the top end. Horrible!

·
Registered
‘19 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T FWD (Machine Gray/Espresso Gray)
1,579 Posts
I agree. I have a 2019 Santa Fe XL Ultimate Limited and the sound sucks. With adjectives like ultimate unlimited I can’t believe they could pass the sound system in this thing off as the top end. Horrible!
You’re in the wrong Santa Fe forum. You want the LWB 7-seater crowd here:

121 - 134 of 134 Posts