Hyundai Forums banner

61 - 80 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Slightly off but related to the topic.....Just curious, What's the setting everyone uses? ..ie, Tone settings and position. I am using Bass +9, Mid range +5, Treble +6. Position is two notches forward towards the front (since mostly two of us ride in the car).
Suggest you set to one, or two, clicks to the rear. ALSO TURN ON THE SURROUND SOUND.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Hello fellow 2019 Santa Fe owners. I have the Ultimate with the 12 speaker system. In my experience most of the sound comes out of the center dash speaker. The sound from front door speakers in my case are very weak to the point that for weeks I thought they are probably not connected, until One day I got out and put my ear on the speaker grill. Do you guys have the same experience? (I have moved the sound center 2 clicks towards the back and quantumLogic is set to on)

Thanks

turn off "quantumLogic" it does weird things to the sound (IMHO)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Suggest you set to one, or two, clicks to the rear. ALSO TURN ON THE SURROUND SOUND.

I tried this but I still prefer keeping it one notch forward - it just sounds better for folks sitting in the front. And Yes, I made sure I have turned on the quantum logic surround sound - Thanks!

·
Registered
238 Posts
I tried this but I still prefer keeping it one notch forward - it just sounds better for folks sitting in the front. And Yes, I made sure I have turned on the quantum logic surround sound - Thanks!
It's a great sound system. But all our comments are subjective.

I like the surround sound but I put it one click to the rear. This is for jazz, classical, soft rock.

·
Registered
81 Posts
It's a great sound system. But all our comments are subjective.

I like the surround sound but I put it one click to the rear. This is for jazz, classical, soft rock.

Agree it's very subjective. What are your tone settings (bass, mid tone, and treble levels)?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Agree it's very subjective. What are your tone settings (bass, mid tone, and treble levels)?
Bass & Treble up one click from flat.
I honestly haven't played with it a lot, too flipping cold but see temps in the 50s by Thursday so more tempting to be out in the car (might even re-learn how to open/close the pano roof glass!). BTW, I got a 1 yr SiriusXM deal equivalent to 6 mon deals I've had in my other car every summer, so I tend to listen to that unless downtown by blocking bldgs or ramps. Of course no CD player option but I also have a few thousand mp3 songs on a USB drive if needed.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm an audio pro and have mixed a ton for over 25 years...
+ IMHO! - Always keep EQ flat at first, then it's better to reduce an eq band that sounds too loud
rather than increase eq bands that sound too low
since increasing a band can use a bad eq amp circuit or create distortion down the sound chain.
Certainly don't just turn them all up, use the volume control for that. :p
+ Try not to use BS FX gizmos... that 'simulate' environments etc.
Usually they're just cheezy and the dsp is not that great
or even if they might sound good and hyped at first will not in the long run or over various types of songs.
+ Surround sound, not sure what it does here (just about to get my 2016 Sonata plugin and crossing fingers!) ...
but sometimes it''s delaying a rear signal or doing phase tricks.. which again might sound good at first but lame in long run.. BUT sometimes it actually turns on certain extra speakers or turns up the ones in the rear.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
I'm an audio pro and have mixed a ton for over 25 years...
+ IMHO! - Always keep EQ flat at first, then it's better to reduce an eq band that sounds too loud
rather than increase eq bands that sound too low
since increasing a band can use a bad eq amp circuit or create distortion down the sound chain.
Certainly don't just turn them all up, use the volume control for that. :p
+ Try not to use BS FX gizmos... that 'simulate' environments etc.
Usually they're just cheezy and the dsp is not that great
or even if they might sound good and hyped at first will not in the long run or over various types of songs.
+ Surround sound, not sure what it does here (just about to get my 2016 Sonata plugin and crossing fingers!) ...
but sometimes it''s delaying a rear signal or doing phase tricks.. which again might sound good at first but lame in long run.. BUT sometimes it actually turns on certain extra speakers or turns up the ones in the rear.
:=) did anyone out there understand what he is saying?
All I know is no one hears music the same way. I have found that if you know good music selections use that as criteria to judge the sound. Try the different controls till it sounds what you like
IMHO :smile:the S.F. system on the Ultimate is one of the best for the money

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I’m new here..so hello!
I just purchased the 2019 Hyundai Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0 T. I absolutely loved the car, with one major exception!!! The sound quality is HORRIBLE! I’ve already brought it to a couple of sound places to see what i would need to fix it, & they’ve been in complete disbelief in what they were hearing… Am I the only one?
Sure, make two post about lousy audio and then never post again. Sheesh!

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Sure, make two post about lousy audio and then never post again. Sheesh!
Maybe he needs hearing aids ... If set up properly this system sounds great.
You would think if the music is important to him he would have listened to the system before buying the S.F.

·
Registered
183 Posts
The sound quality is HORRIBLE! I’ve already brought it to a couple of sound places to see what i would need to fix it, & they’ve been in complete disbelief in what they were hearing… Am I the only one?
Of course they are going say it is awful so they can sell you a couple grand worth of stuff.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Maybe he needs hearing aids ... If set up properly this system sounds great.
You would think if the music is important to him he would have listened to the system before buying the S.F.
I’m thinking the original poster was a Mazda salesman. Planted a bad seed a left snickering.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2016 and there appears to be 2 small speakers on the backs of both the drivers seat and the passengers. Are you familiar with this. I'm asking because we have no speakers on the back doors, and the ones on the backs of the seats aren't projecting any sound. So not very good sound for those riding in middle seats. It's the Limited with 3rd row and advertised to have the 12 speaker system as well.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I have a 2016 and there appears to be 2 small speakers on the backs of both the drivers seat and the passengers. Are you familiar with this. I'm asking because we have no speakers on the back doors, and the ones on the backs of the seats aren't projecting any sound. So not very good sound for those riding in middle seats. It's the Limited with 3rd row and advertised to have the 12 speaker system as well.
You are in the wrong forum. You want the 13+ LWB 7-seater one.

·
Banned
4 Posts
Tell me please if this scheme makes sense: noise protection on all doors, good speakers on all doors, head within $ 300 (without DVD and huge screens) and a 4-channel amplifier. I do not need a sub. I prefer mainly classic out of all the genres. My goal is just a clear, sometimes loud sound. I plan to listen to the specific implementation and choose. I am interested in your opinion on the general concept. I would also like to find a source of good 6.5-inch speakers so as not to buy some sort of crap inadvertently.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Tell me please if this scheme makes sense: noise protection on all doors, good speakers on all doors, head within $ 300 (without DVD and huge screens) and a 4-channel amplifier. I do not need a sub. I prefer mainly classic out of all the genres. My goal is just a clear, sometimes loud sound. I plan to listen to the specific implementation and choose. I am interested in your opinion on the general concept. I would also like to find a source of good 6.5-inch speakers so as not to buy some sort of crap inadvertently.
Your plan sounds good except why do you want a new HU? The amp will provide the power for the speakers and since no sub you have no worries about bass roll off. Swapping the HU on modern cars is a PITA. Lots of headaches.

IMHO Infinity, Kicker, or Rockford area all good speaker brands. Just don't buy the cheapest line. In my research I have found most people are happy with the mid range line and do not really benefit from the top of the line unless you are doing an expensive blow out system. For Kicker the CS would be good. Not the cheaper DS or more expensive KS line. You should be able to find a pair of CS 6.5 on sale around $50. Lowest i have seen is $40.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I think its a great factory system but alas, my ears are used to something better. ("Better" treble with larger soundstage/separation, slightly on the brighter side). Plus...I already have majority of the equipment pulled from my old DM so I'll install it on my new TM.

Does anyone have access to the repair manual or can post the wiring diagram for the factory amp? I need to tap into the speaker leads to wire a JL Fix-86.

61 - 80 of 105 Posts