Hyundai Forums banner

41 - 60 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Going to make a few more setting changes but overall we are very pleased with the infotainment interface and the sound quality.
This is the wrong answer. You are supposed to be disgusted with the quality of the unit and speakers, and upset that such a premium car price would give you such a bad sound system.

·
Registered
3,135 Posts
This is the wrong answer. You are supposed to be disgusted with the quality of the unit and speakers, and upset that such a premium car price would give you such a bad sound system.
that type of criticism would be applicable to the Honda Passport, it's certain to have a sub par sound system.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Honda claims they are improving the infotainment system.
Having lived with their premium system in the Ridgeline, its pretty good on low end, tweeters could be better but Klipsch towers in the crib will spoil you. The Santa Fe 's is slightly better on sound IMO, and way, way, way, better
interface with appropriate number of dials and buttons. That's a fact.
But to be fair my Honda's steering wheel & voice controls do mitigate some issues with it.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I have an alpine system in my 17 Ram which came at a very hefty (and needless) price. The sound system in this SF is excellent to my ears. More crisp and more clarity and better all the way around. We are past needing anything premium as I listen to AM and podcasts exclusively, and she listens to a mix of AM and FM. No need for anything premium, but its nice to have I suppose.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I have an 8 speaker Infinity sound system in my 2011 Limited and love it. It has been gone over here before but like others said I would think it is either some really bad settings or a malfunction.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’m new here..so hello!
I just purchased the 2019 Hyundai Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0 T. I absolutely loved the car, with one major exception!!! The sound quality is HORRIBLE! I’ve already brought it to a couple of sound places to see what i would need to fix it, & they’ve been in complete disbelief in what they were hearing… Am I the only one?
No you are not the only one who hates the sound! I agree wholeheartedly. I just purchased a 2019 Santa Fe Ultimate as well. The system sounds like a cheap transistor radio in an old car. The base is garbled, the treble is a mess. It is not clean or distinct sound. I HATE it. I even wondered if someone stole the system it should have had and put in something else.

I went to my dealer today who told me that it is because I use the radio and the signal is not good. This is just not true. I test drove a Mazda and a Nissan and the Bose system sounded fantastic with the radio.

I'm thinking of having it replaced but it is evidently hard to do. I'm not sure where to go - Car Toys did not impress me.

Michele

·
Registered
11 Posts
No you are not the only one who hates the sound! I agree wholeheartedly. I just purchased a 2019 Santa Fe Ultimate as well. The system sounds like a cheap transistor radio in an old car. The base is garbled, the treble is a mess. It is not clean or distinct sound. I HATE it. I even wondered if someone stole the system it should have had and put in something else.

I went to my dealer today who told me that it is because I use the radio and the signal is not good. This is just not true. I test drove a Mazda and a Nissan and the Bose system sounded fantastic with the radio.

I'm thinking of having it replaced but it is evidently hard to do. I'm not sure where to go - Car Toys did not impress me.

Michele
Something seems wrong. We get the same bad sound with our Ultimate but only on the fringes of radio reception.

It might we worth playing some known good audio files through the system before making any investments. It might also be worth going back to the dealer and listening to the same radio station in one of their demos. Maybe it's something so simple as a bad antenna connection or cable.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Something seems wrong. We get the same bad sound with our Ultimate but only on the fringes of radio reception.

It might we worth playing some known good audio files through the system before making any investments. It might also be worth going back to the dealer and listening to the same radio station in one of their demos. Maybe it's something so simple as a bad antenna connection or cable.

Had two Mazdas with 2 different Bose (subtle changes between MYs).
Hyundai system is much better.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I’m new here..so hello!
I just purchased the 2019 Hyundai Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0 T. I absolutely loved the car, with one major exception!!! The sound quality is HORRIBLE!
Something's definitely wrong. The 12-speaker audio should be very good, and is in our 2018.

I'd see the dealer and have them diagnose the problem.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts

Michele
I’m guessing you live in the woods and mainly listen to AM.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I have yet to have owned a car where I leave the stock sound system. I am big on having a nice sounding system and the majority of the time the stock does not cut it for me. I am thinking this may be your issue in regards to having over expectations of the stock sound system since it is equipped with Infinity. They are great in my opinion but you also have to keep in mind that they offer their entry level and high end stuff like any other car stereo company. My 97' Eclipse GSX came equipped with Infinity speakers, stereo, and amp. It sounded decent but I upgraded everything. Same thing with my 2012 Tucson GLS. The stock stereo was nice with the blue tooth capability and 4 speakers with the 2 tweeter setup. I again upgraded everything and am super happy with the results. I even took the time to install dynamat on the car to have it sound great IMO. As everyone pointed out; the stock system (have not heard it personally) seems to be really good for the average person looking for nice factory sound. If you are unhappy with it; your solution lies with a nice trip to your local sound system store. = )

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I have yet to have owned a car where I leave the stock sound system. I am big on having a nice sounding system and the majority of the time the stock does not cut it for me. I am thinking this may be your issue in regards to having over expectations of the stock sound system since it is equipped with Infinity. They are great in my opinion but you also have to keep in mind that they offer their entry level and high end stuff like any other car stereo company. My 97' Eclipse GSX came equipped with Infinity speakers, stereo, and amp. It sounded decent but I upgraded everything. Same thing with my 2012 Tucson GLS. The stock stereo was nice with the blue tooth capability and 4 speakers with the 2 tweeter setup. I again upgraded everything and am super happy with the results. I even took the time to install dynamat on the car to have it sound great IMO. As everyone pointed out; the stock system (have not heard it personally) seems to be really good for the average person looking for nice factory sound. If you are unhappy with it; your solution lies with a nice trip to your local sound system store. = )
...and bring along several thou $.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Slightly off but related to the topic.....Just curious, What's the setting everyone uses? ..ie, Tone settings and position. I am using Bass +9, Mid range +5, Treble +6. Position is two notches forward towards the front (since mostly two of us ride in the car).

·
Registered
183 Posts
I guess that would depend on who you were listening too!:grin2:
After PCMErnie's comment all I can envision is some heavily bearded Montana guy listening to Art Bell on a crappy 5k watt AM station while driving 2 hours to get to a convenience store, all the while complaining the sound system is total crap... Like this guy:

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello fellow 2019 Santa Fe owners. I have the Ultimate with the 12 speaker system. In my experience most of the sound comes out of the center dash speaker. The sound from front door speakers in my case are very weak to the point that for weeks I thought they are probably not connected, until One day I got out and put my ear on the speaker grill. Do you guys have the same experience? (I have moved the sound center 2 clicks towards the back and quantumLogic is set to on)

Thanks

41 - 60 of 105 Posts