Hyundai Forums banner

21 - 40 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks, anyways, Riles. I am an audiophile, having been a car audio and home theater installer for about 10 yrs, about 20 yrs ago. I do, in fact, plan on gutting the factory system, using all higher end amps, speakers and adding a few subs in custom enclosures, replacing the false floor cargo area tray organizers found under the carpet and just immediately behind the rear seats. I had a 2013 Santa Fe, traded it in for this new one. The 2013 had a better sound system to be quite honost, and I've given the new system about 6 weeks of "break in" time, and just very disappointed in the current OEM system. I tried the dealership, and the only info they can provide to me are replacement parts numbers, not the actual sizes of speakers or even if and where the processors are located. I know the OEM amp is under the passenger front seat, as that was extremely easy to find. Looks like I'm just going to have to remove all the applicable panels and find out for myself.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks, anyways, Riles. I am an audiophile, having been a car audio and home theater installer for about 10 yrs, about 20 yrs ago. I do, in fact, plan on gutting the factory system, using all higher end amps, speakers and adding a few subs in custom enclosures, replacing the false floor cargo area tray organizers found under the carpet and just immediately behind the rear seats. I had a 2013 Santa Fe, traded it in for this new one. The 2013 had a better sound system to be quite honost, and I've given the new system about 6 weeks of "break in" time, and just very disappointed in the current OEM system. I tried the dealership, and the only info they can provide to me are replacement parts numbers, not the actual sizes of speakers or even if and where the processors are located. I know the OEM amp is under the passenger front seat, as that was extremely easy to find. Looks like I'm just going to have to remove all the applicable panels and find out for myself.
It would be great if you could take some pics along the way/give any tips or tricks you find. Not sure how far I'm going to go, possibly just some subs and an amp but it's always good to know what you're getting into.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm also getting to about a month of ownership and the system is somewhat lacking for me. Couldn't find much info on the size of the speakers. At some point I want to replace the sub to get better low end frequencies, followed by switching out the center and fronts. Post some pics/a build-thread as you go.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I suppose you could call me an audiophile. Home theatre has Adcom, outlaw, oppo, vintage cambridge soundworks, philips probably 6K in equipment.
When it come to the car though, I'm always interested in what people are using as a source. CD, Mp3, Satellite, FM radio.

I'm not sure the drivers seat is the best listening position. I'm not sure upgrading some of these systems now makes that much of a difference like it did years ago.

Uncompressed files or CD's always sounded best and with road noise I just couldn't justify spending hundreds trying to improve what I find to be decent quality sound considering what it is.

If you think it will make a difference and you can actually hear the difference (or think you can) then I wish you the best.

One of my reference CD's id Joe Jackson's Body and Soul and I can say I've played it from an uncompressed file and the stock system sounds fantastic.

Anyone (and I'm not talking about you specifically) who is playing compressed MP3's and complains about the system not sounding good, I just can't take seriously.

Good Luck with the modification.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Sound quality is hugely subjective as we are seeing. I too would consider myself an audiophile and the Infinity system is just fine in my opinion. My only complaint is that the settings aren't fine enough. Would love it if they offered a greater range of adjustment, including the ability to tweak the sub output independently, as the system seems a bit biased towards bass. If anyone knows of the spec'd hz range of the sub I'd love to know.

Reactions: Ridgerunner67

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
PRESS TOP LEFT DASH SCREEN “RADIO” BUTTON

Then select MENU>SOUND SETTINGS>ADVANCED

(Note: Scroll/swipe down to locate the ADVANCED box)
I have the Ultimate model and I can access setting but it won't allow me to scroll down to get ADVANCED SETTING....what Am I doing wrong?
I could find nothing to help by using the 3 manuals that came with the car

·
Registered
14 Posts
I own the 2019 Hyundai Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0 T, the sound system's pretty darn good for a stock system. I prefer to have "QuantumLogic™ Surround Sound technology" box checked on. It provides a spacial surround sound quality. This also works best with HD Radio and Spotify. I wasn't impressed with the SirusXM sound, everything sounded.. for lack of a better word... dull. The EQ for this system is basic, it would have been nice to have a bit more control over sound output preference. Lately, I've tuned the EQ – Bass +2 / Mid +6 / Treb +5. I find the center dash speaker to be a touch overpowering, to fix this, I moved the speaker stage setting 1 click towards the rear. To get an extra boost at highway speeds, try clicking on the speed volume box. For the most part, speed volume is not really necessary, as the vehicle has decent interior sound proofing. The best place to start is the settings... But... If you're still not satisfied with the sound, I wouldn't change what's in the dash, but definitely upgrade the speakers, amp and install an amp capacitor, you might also want to install a 6-12 band EQ and Signal Processor. Curious to hear how your sound issues are resolved... Good Luck!

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
I have the Ultimate model and I can access setting but it won't allow me to scroll down to get ADVANCED SETTING....what Am I doing wrong?
I could find nothing to help by using the 3 manuals that came with the car
I guess since no one can answer my question I'll have to go to the dealer because it won't scroll down to advance setting.... :=(

·
Registered
229 Posts
I guess since no one can answer my question I'll have to go to the dealer because it won't scroll down to advance setting.... :=(

I don't have Nav and the bigger screen, but this is how I get to the Advanced Setting in mine:

Press Setup, then Press Sound. This brings you to a scrollable menu down the left side of the screen. From the top, the menu lists- Position, Volume, Tone, Priority, Advanced, Default. It scrolls with your finger, not the tuning knob.

I don't know how different your setup is from mine, but maybe this will help get you there.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I'm curious about the Clari-Fi™ Music Restoration Technology the system has.

Is it always on? I was expecting to see it in a menu. Not a big deal, not looking to turn it off, just curious.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
I don't have Nav and the bigger screen, but this is how I get to the Advanced Setting in mine:

Press Setup, then Press Sound. This brings you to a scrollable menu down the left side of the screen. From the top, the menu lists- Position, Volume, Tone, Priority, Advanced, Default. It scrolls with your finger, not the tuning knob.

I don't know how different your setup is from mine, but maybe this will help get you there.
Yes, I did all that it just will not scroll down using finger..... to the dealer I must go :=( thanks for the reply

·
Registered
23 Posts
I own the 2019 Hyundai Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0 T, the sound system's pretty darn good for a stock system. I prefer to have "QuantumLogic™ Surround Sound technology" box checked on. It provides a spacial surround sound quality. This also works best with HD Radio and Spotify. I wasn't impressed with the SirusXM sound, everything sounded.. for lack of a better word... dull. The EQ for this system is basic, it would have been nice to have a bit more control over sound output preference. Lately, I've tuned the EQ – Bass +2 / Mid +6 / Treb +5. I find the center dash speaker to be a touch overpowering, to fix this, I moved the speaker stage setting 1 click towards the rear. To get an extra boost at highway speeds, try clicking on the speed volume box. For the most part, speed volume is not really necessary, as the vehicle has decent interior sound proofing. The best place to start is the settings... But... If you're still not satisfied with the sound, I wouldn't change what's in the dash, but definitely upgrade the speakers, amp and install an amp capacitor, you might also want to install a 6-12 band EQ and Signal Processor. Curious to hear how your sound issues are resolved... Good Luck!
Thanks for this. I did not know the option existed but after turning it on I felt that the sound quality improved. Before it felt like there was only 1 speaker located behind the nav screen. This option along with changing the sound location back a tick or two made it feel more immersive and gave the surround feel that was lacking.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Does anyone know the manufacturer and model for the head unit? I’m trying to get firmware update information because my Apple CarPlay audio is distorted.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Does anyone know the manufacturer and model for the head unit? I’m trying to get firmware update information because my Apple CarPlay audio is distorted.
Is it distorting on incoming or outgoing calls or both?
Getting info on the mfg. on a new model will be difficult... the unit is made in China and I doubt that firmware will be available. The amp. portion of the unit is made by Harmon (also Chinese made) but the problem more than likely is the head unit. The phone systems from experience on all the cars I have had
were sub-par.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Getting info on the mfg. on a new model will be difficult... the unit is made in China and I doubt that firmware will be available. The amp. portion of the unit is made by Harmon (also Chinese made) but the problem more than likely is the head unit. The phone systems from experience on all the cars I have had
were sub-par.

It is a known bug with carplay. The headunits on the older models were made by cartronics and there was an update released last week for those but I don't know if it is compatible or not.

https:// discussions.apple. com/thread/8370078?page=13

·
Registered
119 Posts
Denon - Klipsch In The House

Sound quality is hugely subjective as we are seeing. I too would consider myself an audiophile and the Infinity system is just fine in my opinion. My only complaint is that the settings aren't fine enough. Would love it if they offered a greater range of adjustment, including the ability to tweak the sub output independently, as the system seems a bit biased towards bass. If anyone knows of the spec'd hz range of the sub I'd love to know.

This sort of thread usually pops up on every vehicle forum.
Mazda's Bose system had a thread like this for several models where some comments dissing the stock head unit and/or speakers were also posted.
Not a good idea to monkey around with the OEM interface IMO especially with free Blue Link for three years.
Per majority of comments here there appear to be no valid issues with the sound quality.
I mean, it makes the mirror vibrate at high volume, what's-not to like?
A test drive should clear up any concerns about it

·
Registered
49 Posts
were sub-par.
I’ve found that if I use apple CarPlay for phone calls, people find it hard to hear me, I discovered it’s because when using CarPlay, it uses the phone microphone for phone calls. So I switched to a Bluetooth connection and have no issues since. Adroid might work the same way. Not sure.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm talking about the music dropping out and having static when connected via usb and using CarPlay. I'm not sure if there are issues doing phonecalls.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Going to make a few more setting changes but overall we are very pleased with the infotainment interface and the sound quality.

21 - 40 of 132 Posts