Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m new here..so hello!
I just purchased the 2019 Hyundai Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0 T. I absolutely loved the car, with one major exception!!! The sound quality is HORRIBLE! I’ve already brought it to a couple of sound places to see what i would need to fix it, & they’ve been in complete disbelief in what they were hearing… Am I the only one?

·
Registered
882 Posts
Yes both speakers and stereo are junk. A $100 aftermarket head unit has better sound quality than the OEM, but you may not like appearance

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i was hoping to find a fix that didn't involve changing the head unit itself...i like the stock look, the touch interface is great, and it's already equipped with all the features i want (car play/360 view/xm, etc...) are there any cost effective fixes that dont involve changing the receiver?

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Your complaint is pretty vague. How about some specifics?

The first place to start a general upgrade is usually the speakers. Then there are sound processors.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Did you try going into sound settings and mess around with the different levels? You can really fine tune it the way you want.

I think there's a check box that's not on by default but it's called "QuantumLogic™ Surround Sound technology" If you check that off it should make it sound better. To me it does.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
941 Posts
New speakers, new amp, new subwoofer, new sound processor/whatever.. and you're in a much better position.

"Horrible" and "disbelief" are pretty vague and could mean anything.. if it were really "that" bad I would think there was a malfunction in the system. If you just expect that a name-brand (although still generic aftermarket) factory system is supposed to bump loud enough to enter SPL competitions with then you're greatly misguided and there's really nothing wrong with the car.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My 2016 sounds amazing not anything I can find and complain about. I would suggest checking settings (Turn on surround sound) and adjusting before spending money as most my vehicle I get base and do my own speakers. My viper GTS has full JL audio setup front JL audio c2 component and 2 JL audio 6.5" W3 subs running of a JL XD400 4 channel amp, My 2016 ram sport has full rockford setup rockford fosgate t2652-s front and rear Rockford Fosgate T142 dash, JL audio 12TW3-D4 sub with lci7 line output convertor going to t600.4 amp and t1000.1 amp and I'm quite surprised at the infinity stereo.

The change head unit theory is for people who know nothing about car audio and I would strongly stay away from doing so.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'm also a huge fan of the sound system in my new 2019 Sante Fe Limited 2.0T. I can't imagine what could be so different that someone would listen to this system and think it sounds "horrible". I'm no audiophile, but I really like the way mine sounds. I usually use it with Android Auto and Google Play Music and love it..

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Two posts and gone? Maybe the OP was listening to a bad streaming channel. Input source quality varies greatly among the various audio input possibilities (AF, FM, satellite, Bluetooth and Thumbdrive).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Not agreeing. I had a Cadillac Escalade Esv and before that mustang with the top sound system. The sante Fe ultimate is as good or better.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi...new here

I just got the 2019 ultimate and was wondering where are all the speakers located, I think I've identified 8. Just curious.

I think the sound is great, the surround sound is perfect for me.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I would like to know how to get to the "check box" that's not on by default but it's called "QuantumLogic™ Surround Sound technology"

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Hi...new here

I just got the 2019 ultimate and was wondering where are all the speakers located, I think I've identified 8. Just curious.

Count again. There are 12. Each door has two speakers.

3 dash
4 front doors
4 rear doors
1 sub left rear wall

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I would like to know how to get to the "check box" that's not on by default but it's called "QuantumLogic™ Surround Sound technology"
PRESS TOP LEFT DASH SCREEN “RADIO” BUTTON

Then select MENU>SOUND SETTINGS>ADVANCED

(Note: Scroll/swipe down to locate the ADVANCED box)

·
Registered
238 Posts
Hi...new here

I will second that!
I've been sitting in my 19 SF Limited a bit the past three days as my spouse shopped at some Christmas bazaars (she brings me cookies, worth it plus I am reading parts of the owners manual for stuff I don't understand like finally found the TPMS display). Have been listening to the XM radio and today got to my Google Music stations via Android Auto. With surround on flat response and a slight tweak to the rear since I'm 6'4" and my seat's back, THE SOUND QUALITY IS EXCELLENT. I had an upgrade amp/subwoofer system in my 01 Jeep GC and haven't had a decent one since but with the car in ACC in a quiet spot all the digital music really sounds great. It's kinda weird not to have a CD player, however I've ripped dozens of favorites to use in my Camry's USB or mp3 CD drive so I just need to invest in another USB stick for this SF, after my XM expires maybe. It seems a little strange they don't have at least 512G internal storeage (there is a 128 voice recorder?!) so we don't need the USB sticking out, or maybe there is a way to do that as I've yet to really read the Infotainment guide in detail.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Technical question Re: speaker sizes

I have a 2019 Hyundai Santa Fe 2.0T with the 12 speaker Infinity sound system with integrated Navigation. My question is, does anybody know what SIZE the speakers are? Also, does the processor automatically cut bass frequencies as the volume increases so as to avoid blown speakers? I am aware that some systems do this, and need to know if this system does. I'm going to upgrade the system with aftermarket speakers, adding additional subwoofers, amp to power them, and possibly upgrading the OEM speakers, so I need to know sizes before I buy new equipment. If reply is too long, I'd appreciate some hyperlinks to sites that may have the technical info I'm seeking.

Thanks for any info you guys can provide!!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Beware if you are trying to upgrade the stock system. I did this in my 2013 Sonata and found it didn't make a lick of difference. Many of the speakers are frequency limited from the amp, and are of good enough quality you would need to have a fine ear to notice a difference.

1 - 20 of 105 Posts