Hyundai Forums banner

1) W Tires in BC ?. 2) No Aux

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  tavox 
#1 ·
Hi,

1)
Just moved to BC and a new owner of a SF 2008 Limited. Wonder if you need winter tires or not. We live up the hill in Coquitlam. If you do. What brand model ?. Car is now running on Michelin Primacy mxv4 date 1112. Not sure about the mileage.

2)
No Aux input. Any ideas how to fix that ?

Thanks!

#2 ·
If you've got decent tread on your all-season tires you'll probably be fine, and even if you do need tires you might want to stick with good all-season or all-weather tires unless you have the space to keep winter tires. It barely snows in the Vancouver Lower Mainland and when it does it'll usually get washed away by the next rainfall. I did get winter tires for my Elantra but it was my first new car (I would always buy old cars and run them into the ground) but in winter I'm more concerned about morning black ice than snow (I work graveyard shift so I'm driving home at 6:30 in the morning). Last year all they saw was a bit of slush and the last time I remembered a good snowfall in the Lower Mainland that stuck around for a while was probably 2008.

As for an aux input, without doing some hacking into the stereo likely the best option is to buy and install a new stereo that has an aux input.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.