Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have been waiting on the hybrid, however with the 0% apr deals (and prices probably dropping due to decrease in traffic due to Covid), is it better off pulling the trigger on the Limited? Not sure if the mpg savings will make up for the difference in price. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
We have a Sonanta at work with the 1.6T and it's easy to get mid to upper 30's highway (70-75).

·
Registered
60 Posts
In general the math usually argues for the gas over the hybrid. I would suggest that 0 APR may be here awhile, so if you want the hybrid I would wait. imo.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Based on what I've read not all the Limited features are available on the Hybrid Limited so you may want to consider that. It's not just a Limited with the addition of a hybrid engine option they will be two different models with different feature sets.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I traded a 2017 Limited/Ultimate Hybrid off on a 2020 Limited. The gas mileage on my hybrid would fluctuate between low 40's in the summer to upper 30's in the winter (due to the heater being on and the engine running more). Let's say an average of 43 and 38. In the winter I ran the heater only when necessary, using the heated seats to supplement. This is a combination of city/highway driving - probably about 90% highway, 130 miles round-trip, most at 70-75 MPH.

With the 1.6T (so far) I have been getting about 36 - 38 MPG driving the same route. I have only made a few trips so far (bought the car two weeks ago), but my feeling is that the 1.6T gets about the same mileage as the hybrid did in the winter. However, now I just set the temperature and enjoy warmth all the time.

I average about 25K miles per year. If I assume $2.75 per gallon, 36 MPG for the 1.6T and 43 MPG for the hybrid (worst and best case) there is a difference of $310 per year. That said, the new hybrid is supposed to get near 50 MPG. If you drive more in town and can keep a light foot, the hybrid may be better. For me driving mostly highway, it's not that big of a difference.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
yah, we just bought a 1.6 2 days ago. they gave me a screaming deal on our trade in, plus the 0%, and no payments for 4 months(what the heck, at 0 percent i can wait). free maintenance for 3 years. my only problem is that we are old, and all this tech is way over our heads. i been reading the manual, and after a short while, i gotta stop cause my brain is fried. then we drive the car, and it does something strange, so i gotta go find it in the manual. first car we have ever had with ventilated seats. i turned them on this am, and wow, did my butt ever get COLD. gas here is now 1.58/gal. took me a while to figger out why the trunk opened every time i walked by. i thought it was broke.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts