Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi There,

my name is Arnaud and i am new to this forum.

I am currently living in Canada and plan to buy a Tucson 1.6T (regular gas). However, i will move for good to Switzerland in about 2 years and want to be sure i won't have a hard time finding spare parts for the car (and the engine) back in Europe.

Both canadians and swiss dealers have a hard time to confirm its the same engine.

IN Switzerland, they call the engine 1.6T-GDI 177hp DCT (compared to 1.6T Gamma in-line DCT 175hp in Canada)

I guess if its not the same engine it will be harder to find spare parts once back in Europe.

Does anybody has any insight?

thanks a lot and have a great day
arnaud

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Man, I would think they would be the same. Could be a tuning difference for the +2 hp.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Man, I would think they would be the same. Could be a tuning difference for the +2 hp.
or a difference in the grade of gasoline. or the lack of ethanol in the gasoline in europe(only a guess). or a difference in which horsepower rating is used. bunch of things. more than likely it's the same engine, but this is just conjecture.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I guess they would be same too.

As a side note, i also inquired for a VW and i was told that the engines built in Mexico (for American market) were different than those built in Europe and that i would therefore have a hard time to find spare parts in europe if i have an american engine (although both engine are supposedly identical).

Do you know if Tucsons are all built in the same country regardless of market? Then engines would more likely be identical....

Thanks

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
1.6L GDI & GDI-T is a "GAMMA" engine

Plain version used in Accent & Veloster.. Turbo in Veloster & Tuscon

·
Registered
128 Posts
There are two production plants:
- Ulsan, South Korea (TL)
- Nošovice, Czech Republic (TLE)

The engines are more than likely the same. The quoted power differences are just that Europe is using PS values and States-side, hp is still used.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.