Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
My lease on my 2018 Sonata with 2.0L Turbo is about up. Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with this engine and the 1.6 Turbo on the newer models. I like the power my 2.0 has and don't know that I want to give it up for a newer model. The N lines are very nice, but they're also a bit pricier than what I'm currently in. Love to hear from anybody that's experienced the 2.0 and now the 1.6. Also anybody that just has a 1.6.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I has a 2.0 Turbo Kia Optima before my Sonata 1.6. It is obviously not as fast, but it is fast enough. I have no trouble getting away from the light ahead of other drivers when I need to. The difference is not that bad to be insufferable. I had a Stinger GT with defective paint that got bought back. That car was a rocket but the gas mileage was abysmal. At least the 1.6 is getting very good fuel economy so it helps you overlook the slight lack of power. The handling on the other hand is great with the Pirelli tires compared to the tires that came on the Optima.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Had 2013 2017 and 2019 2.0T Sonatas before I bought my 2020. I was POSITIVE I was going to miss the extra horsepower as I have a heavy foot. Much to my surprise, I don't. The 1.6T is really well balanced in it's torque curve and seems just as peppy to me as the 2.0T. Added bonus is the MUCH improved fuel economy and of course all the tech that comes on the car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts