Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the guy who owns/runs this shop in MA called 'BrenTuning' and I asked him if he did a tune for my 600RR but he doesn't. Surprisingly he actually does a tune for the 1.5/1.6L Accent for $395 (here- BRENTUNING- HYUNDAI)
I'm not sure if it's just the 07 as previously discussed but since I have the 07 I am going to have him do the tune once I order/install the header/exhaust. Here is the specs/price: PRICE HP B4 TQ B4 HP after tune TQ after tune
Hyundai Accent 1.6L $395.00 104 hp 116 hp 106 ft-lbs 118 ft-lbs
Hyundai Accent 1.5L $395.00 89 hp 100 hp 98 ft-lbs 111 ft-lbs

If anyone wants to they can call him and ask about the tune, I haven't talked to him about in in depth so I'm not sure if he will be able to do it in house or have to send out the ECU like the other company. Either way his shop is close to me so I'm hoping to get everything installed by the summer next year and then weigh my car and get it on the dyno. Thanks for taking the time to read this, have a good day everyone!

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
it sounds awesome, but i have to be a smartass and say....goosebumps over 118 ft-lbs. sad :p
LoL, well the car is only 2300lbs and will be about 2200 when it's at the track. My race car only has like 140tq and is 2400lbs. So the tq to weight ratio isn't too far away when it's at 2200lbs @ 118tq. I doubt there would be many people over at GrassrootMotorsports who would scoff at the numbers in a little hatch; they made a B-Spec Fiesta.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Noice.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Any idea how hard such a tune would be on the engine, and whether and to what degree it would shorten engine life?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts