Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, can anyone tell me were the fuel filter is located and the best way to change it on a 1.5 diesel matrix
thanks,

also the car seems low cranking over, battery seems good looks a little small sitting in the battery tray, does anyone know the recommended battery for it

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
QUOTE (philll @ Dec 21 2010, 10:34 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=381976
hi, can anyone tell me were the fuel filter is located and the best way to change it on a 1.5 diesel matrix
thanks,

also the car seems low cranking over, battery seems good looks a little small sitting in the battery tray, does anyone know the recommended battery for it

Anyone.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Phil,

The fuel filter is located at the back of the engine bay behind the battery. The best way of getting at it is the remove the windscreen wipers and the steel half bulkhead that holds the wiper arm assembly. This will give you access to the rear of the engine.

Barry

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hi barry,

thanks will take a look at that as soon as i get chance, spent loads of time crawling around under the car looking for it ,after googling it, it was suggested was located by the fuel pump under the rear seats but think thats the petrol version,
thanks again very much appreciated
phil

·
Registered
7 Posts
No probs, Phil, hope you get it sorted soon. Feel free to get in touch if you any more help.

Barry.

PS,

Check out the Uk Hyundai Owners club forums at http://www.hyundaiownersclub.co.uk

You will probably get a quicker response on there for any technical issues. The Admin guy is a trained Hyundai Technician and knows his onions so to speak.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Limp mode problem with Hyundai Matrix 1.5 diesel

I am having problems with my Hyundai Matrix 1.5 diesel going in to limp mode every time I fill up with diesel, it produces white exhaust smoke when I turn it on. I can usually get it to kick in on the 2nd or 3 rd attempt, once it is over this little hiccup it starts 1st time every time, theengine seems to be running ok otherwise. Can anyone help please?
Regards
Gary

1 - 6 of 6 Posts