Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello,

Im anaqin from KL, Ive been drivin my 1996 accent for couple of years. I have been to a lots of forums askin about accent upgrade, but until now theres no good answer for it. I really hope that someone here can help me with this.

Right now im thinkin of upgrading my accent 1.5 SOCH engine for a 1.5 DOCH. In my country Hyundai is very very rare and its impossible to find a 16v DOCH.

Can anyone advice me, on any types of 1.5cc or 1.6cc DOCH engine that can fits into hyundai accent without any major modification on the engine mounting.

TQ

·
Registered
422 Posts
It is quite possible to graft a Beta motor from a 96-00 Lantra into this engine bay, however this is not without modification, however this would more than likely be your best and safest bet.

Let us know how you go. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by Dr. Hundi@Oct 25 2004, 06:40 PM
It is quite possible to graft a Beta motor from a 96-00 Lantra into this engine bay, however this is not without modification, however this would more than likely be your best and safest bet.

Let us know how you go. :)
[snapback]1987[/snapback]​

Does a Elantra 1600 cc 16v DOCH (A) engine can fits into accent 1.5 auto transmission and

Elantra engine mounting, is it the same with accent engine mounting?

Someone has informed me that a Tiburon 2000cc (A) engine can fits accent 1.5 auto transmission without any modifications, is it true?

If anyone has the experiance with accent engine upgrade, I would really appreciate if u can share it with me.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I highly doubt the Tiburon engine upgrade to the standard gearbox.
They are completely different in their mounting positions and bolting positions.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
1.5 12v Soch 1996 - Engine Upgrade, does Mitsubishi 4G91 can fits into accent.

Hi!......Mitsubishi engines will not fit Accents as the transmission is on the opposite end of the block.

Swapping the DOHC in place of the SOHC is possible, but hardly worth it due to the relatively small power gain.
As Dr. Hundi said, your best bet will be to swap-in the Beta engine & tranny from a 2.0 Coupe (Tiburon)......there`s a little engine-bay work, but with 137 b.h.p. under your foot it will be worth it!.

Good luck,
Nick. :)

·
Registered
422 Posts
Here in Australia, we have one of our tuners actually carry out the 4G63T conversion within the Accent's engine bay.
And I must say it looks right at home in there.
However, this coversion would be not financially worth it due to the costs that will be endured with having to pay someone to manufacture and graft mounts into the engine bay.

Mind you it is now the quickest Accent in Aus, busting out high 9's! :blink: :eek: :)

·
Registered
422 Posts
Sorry mate, but it does work. I don't know which conversion you are talking about but I have seen both of them done with my own eyes! :blink:

·
Registered
224 Posts
Originally posted by Dr. Hundi@Nov 1 2004, 01:36 AM
Here in Australia, we have one of our tuners actually carry out the 4G63T conversion within the Accent's engine bay.
And I must say it looks right at home in there.
However, this coversion would be not financially worth it due to the costs that will be endured with having to pay someone to manufacture and graft mounts into the engine bay.

Mind you it is now the quickest Accent in Aus, busting out high 9's! :blink:  :eek:  :)
[snapback]2223[/snapback]​

I'd be interested to know roughly how much it cost, and what the new power rating is at. If there's and info online about it then could you drop a link in somewhere?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts