Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I understand the filter is on the pipe in the fuel tank. Does anyone know what maintenance is required, do you clean it or replace it?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply but your answer raises a further question with me.

How is the fuel filtered on my car? Prior your answer I have never seen a car without a fuel filter therefore is it elsewhere in the fuel system and if so how and how often is it recommended for maintenance.

I hope you can answer my question.

Thanks

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
15,298 Posts
There's a gauze strainer on the fuel pump inlet but it's not replaced as part of the car's routine maintenance. It's normally only changed if the car suffers from a driveability issue that's traced to a fuel delivery problem.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Autospark

I find it surprising there is not a highly efficient easily accessible/replaceable fuel filter fitted on a system with fuel injection equipment.

That Hyundai only recommend attention to the fuel filter when the engine fuel system gives running problems seems strange but I accept that is the advice.

Do you know the reasons why Hyundai do not take fuel cleanliness seriously on their 1.2 petrol engine?

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
15,298 Posts
Do you know the reasons why Hyundai do not take fuel cleanliness seriously on their 1.2 petrol engine?
Sorry, I've no idea why they have chosen not to have an external fuel filter but it's the way Hyundai cars have been for about 20 years or so. All the MPi petrol engines share basically the same fuel system, so this isn't something peculiar to the 1.2 engine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts