Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see there is a good description of how to take apart and blac out the headlights but has anybody tried this with the tail lights? I souls love to get rid of the chrome trim and don't see any aftermarkets light assembles anywhere. Figure it would be cheaper anyway to take them apart and dechrome myself. Anybody do it yet?

·
Registered
810 Posts
Yes, I have, and no, it's nowhere near easy. I'm looking for a second set of replacement lights because you have to be extremely careful where you Dremel the lights or you'll bite into the chrome. Which is the other thing - the lights don't come apart without cutting into the taillight itself and afterwards you will need to reseal it with a pretty good glue of some kind. I made a thread about it a long time ago complete with pictures but no idea if it's still around.

·
Registered
116 Posts
QUOTE (rhys0531 @ Oct 1 2010, 06:12 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=360251
......I should love to get rid of the chrome trim and don't see any aftermarkets light assembles anywhere......
I'm a Professional Engineer, trained to always try the easy solution first. I used electrical tape to black out the chrome trim around all four light housings. Holding up fine and you have to look close to see that it is tape. If it starts to peel off I will mask and paint in situ.

Attachments

·
Registered
810 Posts
I want the entire inner chrome blacked out, not just the outside ring. That works okay for those that want to do that though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts