Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The key fob battery died today all of a sudden and I put the ignition key into the drivers door to open it and the key would turn but nothing would happen. I was stranded. Had to call my daughter to bring me other fob with another key that we had and that key would not open the door either. Lucky the fob worked . Isn't the key supposed to open the door? That was the first time we probably tried using the key since new.
I did replace the batteries in both fobs now.

·
Registered
882 Posts
I don't know 09 sonata, but my 07's doesn't have chip in the key. Even the car battery is dead I can still open the front driver's door by key

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just a follow-up, back in 2013, a deer ran into the door, smack into the door handle. I called the Body Shop about that and they told me to bring the car in. They said that everything was hook-up, but wouldn't work. Funny thing about it is that they said they going to call my insurance company to see if they would pay for the repair. It was a Hyundai Dealer. I don't know why they wouldn't tell me what it needed. Let you know what happens.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hyundai Dealer fixed the repair, didn't cost me anything after five years. I know they changed the whole door lock assembly. The part was $257 + change.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Did the key cylinder rotate with twist of key ??

Usually what happens is people never use key in the door cylinder because it so easy to just push a button,,, that the cylinder ends up getting stuck from water/road dirt over time..

Use key in all the cylinders once in a while to keep them moving,, door and trunk inf applicable,, maybe dribble some oil in them too

1 - 7 of 7 Posts