Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 09 sonata has a crank no start. What I have done is checked the fuel pump and it sprays so fuel pump is good. Iv replaces crankshaft position sensor and started the car using Starter fluid and ran it off that for a few mins so that the car can run enough to give me codes and still nothing. I stopped using the starter fluid and expected it to die. But it didn’t but it was idling by its self I Scanned it and it gave me the crankshaft position and misfire on cylinder 4. Cleared the codes and started it up again with no starter fluid but still would idle but would idle rough like a misfire. 5 mins later and it threw a code for miss fire. I took out the spark plugs (all 4) and plugged the coils back in and same with the spark plugs out of the head and grounded the spark plug to the batter and all 4 plugs hit nice and hard and all coils test good as well so than I put it all back together and still getting misfire on 4 so I thought injector so I took the fuel rail off fuel squirted as normal I took out fuel injector all 4 and on 4 there was metal shavings so cleaned out the injectors and put it back together I and now it’s back to crank no start so I used starting fluid again and I stopped and it would idle and still throw a misfire. So I thought maybe it’s not getting enough fuel so I’m thinking fuel pressure regulator but trying to find it and can’t seem to find anything on it. Also I’m kinda thinking throttle positioning sensor on the throttle body. When the car starts to idle I go and apply gas peddle slowly and it comes up to 1000 rpms and than dies if I try to go further any help or Suggestions would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
You didn't mention your miles on this pup? Was the sensor OEM? The fuel pressure is regulated by the HPFP and you would need to check that pressure.
You'll have to wait for AutoSpark to get any good pointers!

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
14,348 Posts
So I thought maybe it’s not getting enough fuel so I’m thinking fuel pressure regulator but trying to find it and can’t seem to find anything on it.
Assuming your engine has an MPI fuel system, the pressure regulator will likely be inside the fuel tank.

The fuel pressure is regulated by the HPFP
I guess your assuming his engine has a GDi fuel system? Was GDi available on the Sonata back in 2009??

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Excuse moi sir, us old crusters can't always be at our best...of course, I see the errors of my ways!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts