Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 09 santa fe and the tires were trashed because the inside of tires were chafed with in 35 thousand miles. I got the alignment done all the cambers were angled in running on the inside of the tires. They were able to adjust the rear but they said they needa kit to adjust the front. Is this right.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Got copy of the before and after numbers for evaluation ??

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
As delivered from the factory, toe is adjustable front and rear but only rear camber is only adjustable - as posted, camber adjustment bolts can be fitted to allow front camber adjustment.

I have full alignment done every 10,000 miles - like most soft-roaders the Santa Fe suspension is easily knocked out of alignment.

·
Registered
7,163 Posts
Would have to argue that point. My '08 has about 78000 miles now, and it gets some pretty serious abuse (up to its ground clearance on 'roads' made of rocks and boulders in the mountains, over curbs in town, etc.) and the only issue I've ever had (once, early on) was rear camber. Apart from that, it's held very well. Get the alignment checked for free every couple of years, and nothing seems to be moving.

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
I have 87000 and it has had one alignment. Tires wear even- never ever had a problem with tires wearing un-envenly.

·
Registered
5,886 Posts
Were the tires rotated regularly? If not I'd get into the habit, and skip the wheel alignment until the vehicle suffers a severe impact or a front-end part needs changing. Knowing the Santa Fe's propensity for the latter, you might even be able to get it done under warranty depending on the part. I did.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts