Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have a 09Hyundai
accent, the alternator was tould to me was bad so I bought a new one along with a new battery because that was needed as well and I got my mechanic to put my brand new alternator on and it drove for about 2 days but I did notice the dash board(mileage, speed) was not working and a.c wouldn’t turn on or radio and took to get an diagnosis on why because it clearly was working before so it turn out being a “bad alternator” so I took it back for an exchange and got my mechanic to put my 2nd alternator on.....again.... same thing happen... electrical things in the car would not work and car would not crank up?.... sooooo, got my money back for the alternator and went to buy one from another company and again and made sure they tested before I left the store to make sure it was a good alternator, the guy tested it 3 times and it tested GOOD...... car still isn’t cranking barely wants to jump off... so I took it to pep boys to get it put on the mechanic machine so I could figure out what’s really going on.... are all the alternators I was sold (3) really bad orrr is it another problem??? Not sure so PEp boys tell me..... I have an BaD alternator? This did not solve my problem, at this point I am so confused... out of money and tired of spending it for no solution. Does anyone know what could be wrong?

·
Registered
2007 Honda CRV
4,597 Posts
You might have a wiring problem which is destroying alternators????
Check to see if battery was installed correctly
If it was reversed then anything put on the car would blow up

Good luck

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
16,972 Posts
I did notice the dash board(mileage, speed) was not working
The speedo and the mileage don't work, but what about the warning lights on the instrument cluster. The battery warning light in particular?

If there isn't any power being supplied to the instrument cluster warning lights, the alternator wont charge. It needs electrical current to flow through the battery warning light to "excite the field". That's what starts the whole charging process off. If there's no magnetic field, there will be no output.

·
Registered
2007 Honda CRV
4,597 Posts
Don't mind me.
I was just putting out guesses.
Thought you had the alternator and battery replaced
And maybe the battery was put on in reverse
That would blow the alternator
But, I doubt you would be able to drive the car for two days.

Sorry, you would probably be better off listening to autospark who does car electrical for a livinig

1 - 4 of 4 Posts