Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last time I replaced the plugs I noticed there was a lot of oil in wells 2,3. Thanks to you guys and the Internet I replaced the valve cover gasket. I opened up the valve cover and noticed that those two well gaskets were down on the well tube instead of in the valve cover like the others. I replaced it all, and put some new plugs in. I want to say that I checked a few days later, but it was a while ago and I can't remember. So next spark plug maintenance (Using standard copper, so about 10k I'd say) I pulled out the coil packs and sure enough 2,3 have oil in them. However it's not near as much as last time (much less time had passed). Does anyone have any ideas for me? I'm going to be opening it up again (sigh) and seeing what the well gaskets look like, and I was hoping for some guidance on anything else I should look for. Thanks in advance! I'm so happy forums like this exist, it makes DIY car maintenance so much easier and more accessible. I've saved hundreds of dollars doing major maintenance work myself, all thanks to people like you! Also since there was so little oil I didn't do the pump method to remove it, I just let it go into the cylinder. When I started the car I saw white smoke coming from the front of the engine bay, should I be worried about that?

·
Registered
606 Posts
Look closely at the surfaces that mate with the gasket.
Anywhere those surfaces aren't smooth the gasket won't seal.
Also it's best to get an OEM gasket, some aftermarket parts are junk.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Look closely at the surfaces that mate with the gasket.
Anywhere those surfaces aren't smooth the gasket won't seal.
Also it's best to get an OEM gasket, some aftermarket parts are junk.
Yeah the first one was from oreily for 26 bucks, I'm going to call the dealer this week and order one. Really hoping I just messed up or it's the gasket, and it's not blow by. Fingers crossed!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts