Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i dropped the 24mm bolt and drained the fluid, now i can`t work out to get it back in. i`ve found 2 bolts, one on top of the case, under the airbox, another on the end of the box, near the CV, half way up the housing.

20191218_191458[1].jpg 20191218_191528[1].jpg

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I live rural, and needed the car today, and was sick of scouring the internet for an answer, so i rigged this bush mechanic setup together. Plugged the drain hole with the cork and hose attached to the 100ml syringe. Clamped the hose once the syringe was empty for refill, repeat 20 times. I guess-timated i would lose a cup of oil when i pulled the cork to replace the drain bolt, which was near spot on, as i caught and measured the waste oil.
Lesson learned; don't undo the drain bolt, if you haven't checked the filler one 1st.

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Nifty idea. They take 1.9L I think so your on the money with how much you put in. Manufacturers are becoming real aholes these days with ways to cut out not only the DIYer but smaller private mechanics. Is there anything in the owners manual that might help?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm pretty handy with motorbikes and borrowed the idea from reverse bleeding my brake calipers of air.
The hyundai dealer didn't want to know me when i called up for some friendly advice.
The local yokel suggested i find the Speedo drive and potentially dribble fill through that, which i couldn't find either..
Apparently there's nuff all service manuals to download online... just grainy photos from other bush mechanics.
I did find a service manual PDF from a bloke in New Zealand for the 2.2 cm TD motor, but it didn't specify the info i needed.
I'll share the link if anyone cares .

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Aren't they so very helpful and work so hard to get you back to buy a new car. The big problem is the person on the end of the line has no idea and no interest.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
I live rural, and needed the car today, and was sick of scouring the internet for an answer, so i rigged this bush mechanic setup together. Plugged the drain hole with the cork and hose attached to the 100ml syringe. Clamped the hose once the syringe was empty for refill, repeat 20 times. I guess-timated i would lose a cup of oil when i pulled the cork to replace the drain bolt, which was near spot on, as i caught and measured the waste oil.
Lesson learned; don't undo the drain bolt, if you haven't checked the filler one 1st.
View attachment 443261
you found it, I just did not have the docs on hand to be 100% as I'm away from home

righto, I w

Righto, I was thinking maybe your 2nd image could have been. Back to the drawing board I guess

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
If I were filling up thru that plug I would make sure It took the correct volume of oil. I have seen other manufacturers have separate oil fill points for the gearbox and the final drive.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
I always thought they were also level plugs, but that ref A is what is stated in the factory manual as the fill point

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
As long as it is the gearbox or transaxle. Some use them as level plugs and fill from another point that's more accessible to get filler hoses in.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts