Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My baby showed her check engine light yesterday, just a little over 20k, returned this code. Is this a normal thing with 09's for something to go bad that would give this code? I was told by a guy at autozone to run some vaseline around the gas cap to see if that was the problem but that didn't help. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
You've got a big leak someplace. They can be hard to track down. There is a test where they pressurize the tank with smoke and look for leaks.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Likely failure to secure the fuel cap properly, or you have some other source of "large evap leak".

Verify fuel cap propely secured, clear code. I have ability to force a self-test to verify repair attempt..

·
Registered
33 Posts
I can't remember for sure but I wonder if that's the code I had for my purge valve, not sure. I had that go bad after just 4500 miles I believe it was. Actually the dealership that originally replaced that for me put it on backwards and I took it too another dealer and they set it straight.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
QUOTE (scorason @ Aug 1 2010, 04:10 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=346456
I can't remember for sure but I wonder if that's the code I had for my purge valve, not sure. I had that go bad after just 4500 miles I believe it was. Actually the dealership that originally replaced that for me put it on backwards and I took it too another dealer and they set it straight.

Common purge code is 0441

1 - 5 of 5 Posts