Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who have the nav system... have you ever gotten to a hidden screen? I've gotten to a hidden screen twice but I cannot repeat it. I went to setup then pressed on system info, then pressed on map update. It asked to eject the cd and restart update, but I was messing around and it went to a different screen. I cannot remember if I held down the setup button or pressed something on the screen but I cannot get back to it. It shows other information like speed, and usb update mode, and moving the vehicle icon, bunch of other stuff as well. Has anyone else gotten to this?

Update: Tried for 30 mins... didn't work. I did more research and it's similar to the "engineering menu" on the Genesis Sedan Nav systems. None of the TSBs mention this menu for the Sonata.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have not reached this screen but found a post on another forum. See if this gets you back there:

"Press the "Set Up" button on the dash below the nav screen. Press the "Navigation" button on the nav screen, Then, press the "travel Time" button on the nav screen. You will see 3 speedometers with the default speeds for each category of street. You can change those to whatever your want and they will be used to compute the travel times accordingly and thus the routings."

This apparently lets you set default speeds for different types of roads (i.e., interstate, etc.).

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (sonatarama @ Aug 24 2010, 09:53 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=351602
I have not reached this screen but found a post on another forum. See if this gets you back there:

"Press the "Set Up" button on the dash below the nav screen. Press the "Navigation" button on the nav screen, Then, press the "travel Time" button on the nav screen. You will see 3 speedometers with the default speeds for each category of street. You can change those to whatever your want and they will be used to compute the travel times accordingly and thus the routings."

This apparently lets you set default speeds for different types of roads (i.e., interstate, etc.).
No, not the screen I'm talking about... I know how to change the time calculations... I'll attempt to get there again, and post some pics/how to.

·
Registered
24 Posts
QUOTE (riceR @ Aug 24 2010, 10:48 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=351599
For those who have the nav system... have you ever gotten to a hidden screen? I've gotten to a hidden screen twice but I cannot repeat it. I went to setup then pressed on system info, then pressed on map update. It asked to eject the cd and restart update, but I was messing around and it went to a different screen. I cannot remember if I held down the setup button or pressed something on the screen but I cannot get back to it. It shows other information like speed, and usb update mode, and moving the vehicle icon, bunch of other stuff as well. Has anyone else gotten to this?

Update: Tried for 30 mins... didn't work. I did more research and it's similar to the "engineering menu" on the Genesis Sedan Nav systems. None of the TSBs mention this menu for the Sonata.
Get to the setup screen where you see the navi and map version on the right and the picture of the globe on the left (you'll see the little satellites floating around). Hard to say exactly where to press your finger, but place it somewhere near the center of the globe and hold it there for 15 seconds. If you find the right spot, it will jump into the screen that gives you some extra options such as usb-update, memory information, and a ton of info on the GPS (listing of satellites and their SNR, speed based on the gps, gyro status, etc).

If anyone has any other hidden areas of the navi, please share.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
QUOTE (nstuff @ Aug 27 2010, 09:53 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=352453
Get to the setup screen where you see the navi and map version on the right and the picture of the globe on the left (you'll see the little satellites floating around). Hard to say exactly where to press your finger, but place it somewhere near the center of the globe and hold it there for 15 seconds. If you find the right spot, it will jump into the screen that gives you some extra options such as usb-update, memory information, and a ton of info on the GPS (listing of satellites and their SNR, speed based on the gps, gyro status, etc).

If anyone has any other hidden areas of the navi, please share.
Nice!! I was going nuts trying to get back there! Spent almost 3 hrs trying :p

1 - 5 of 5 Posts