Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 Veracruz and recently ran into an issue. I had the hazard lights on and after i shut my car off the power locks and hazards will only work when the car is running. The clock is completely out. Has anyone had this issue or something similar? Everything works find except the clock when the car is running. The car doesn’t respond to the remote fob when it isn’t running. I’ve checked a few fuses that I thought it could be and they seem fine. Key fob battery is only 2 months old.

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
15,191 Posts
On the dashboard fusebox there are two fuses mounted in a yellow carrier. One of those fuses is more than likely blown.
Check to see if the interior (dome) light is working or not. If not the one that is blown will be the ROOM LP fuse.

If I helped you fix it, why not...

Your support is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I replaced that fuse and the new one blew out after a few minutes of driving the car. I’m guessing there is an electrical issue? Any idea what I’m in for?

·
Registered
15,191 Posts
I’m guessing there is an electrical issue?
If the fuse keeps blowing, yes, that's an indication of an electrical issue.

JFischer44 said:
Any idea what I’m in for?
There is obviously a short circuit somewhere on that fuse's circuit. Unfortunately, there are a lot of branches on that circuit. So finding the location of the short could be tricky.

The first thing to do is replace the fuse then switch on all the things that are not working (hazard lights, operate the door locking, etc) and see if the fuse "pops" when something is switched on. That might help narrow your search a bit.

Have you had any work done on the car recently? Had a new radio installed? Have any of the interior trims been removed for any reason?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I havent had any work done or things replaced. The fuse popped immidiately when I put a new one in the last time.

·
Registered
15,191 Posts
Does your car have marker lamps on the doors?
The door wiring is a common place for this type of fault to develop because the wiring between the car body and the doors gets flexed every time the door is opened & closed. I'm not familiar with your particular model (Veracruz isn't sold here in the UK) but disconnecting the door wiring is usually pretty easy to do on Hyundai cars. If you carefully unclip the rubber grommet where the door wiring exits the car body there should be a connector just inside the opening. Pull the connector out and unplug it. I suggest you disconnect each door then replace the fuse. Hopefully it doesn't blow now. All you need to do to ID which door is causing the problem is plug them in one at a time listening for the fuse to "pop". When it pops you know the door you just plugged in is the one that is shorting out the circuit. And if the fuse does still blow when all the doors are unplugged you have at least ruled all the door wiring out.

Not Hyundai but this is typical door wiring damage...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts