Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello - automatic, 4wd, 180k miles. Recently have had issues with the ignition key not turning all the way to off. Had to jiggle the gear knob (in park) to get the key to move. New issue is the car not starting (all the lights come on) but won't turn over until - again - I jiggle the gear in park.
Today it wouldn't start and the gear shift was stuck - could not move it out of park at all. I'm bringing it in to a mechanic but was wondering if anyone else has had this issue and how it was resolved. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Have heard the gear selector linkage was loose and the park/neutral safety switch were issues with some no, crank, no start. Possible you have similar??

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello - automatic, 4wd, 180k miles. Recently have had issues with the ignition key not turning all the way to off. Had to jiggle the gear knob (in park) to get the key to move. New issue is the car not starting (all the lights come on) but won't turn over until - again - I jiggle the gear in park.
Today it wouldn't start and the gear shift was stuck - could not move it out of park at all. I'm bringing it in to a mechanic but was wondering if anyone else has had this issue and how it was resolved. Thanks!
How did you fix the problem? I am having the same issue.
Car started fine in the beginning and gear shift was struck and I used little bit of force.
After the car is nor starting at all.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How did you fix the problem? I am having the same issue.
Car started fine in the beginning and gear shift was struck and I used little bit of force.
After the car is nor starting at all.
My gear shifter needed to be replaced and I sold it. When it wouldn't start or move I called for a tow, the guy said if you rock the car sometime this will put it into the correct gear, which did work for me. But I had constant problems with the key sticking and not being able to move it.
Good luck.

·
Registered
9 Posts
My gear shifter needed to be replaced and I sold it. When it wouldn't start or move I called for a tow, the guy said if you rock the car sometime this will put it into the correct gear, which did work for me. But I had constant problems with the key sticking and not being able to move it.
Good luck.
Thank you. I will try to rock the car.
Do you know if the car has shift lock release button somewhere?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts