Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '08 sante fe limited and the crank sensor went. After it was replaced the mileage is way worse. there is no check engine lights on and I had the dealer reset the adaptive values. This didnt help. I cant afford to drive the car like this as we arent even getting 300 kms before the light comes on and the range is below 50 kms (---) Help would be greatly appriciated.

·
Registered
709 Posts
How much gas do you have to put in when the light comes on? I'm asking 'cause your model year is prone to the fuel sender unit failure. If one of the sensor is faulty (there are 2), the amount of gas is your tank might not be reflected properly on your dash.

If you are putting in 60+ litres and can't do 300kms, then the problem is somewhere else. Have you serviced your rear brakes lately. SF are prone to rear brake seizure. They need to be taken apart, cleaned and lubricated every year. Especially where you are with the winters you get over there. (I'm assuming salt is used on the roads). If this is not done, your brakes will drag and really affect your fuel consumption.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts