Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. We purchased a used '08 Sante Fe last year, great little car, but it has an aftermarket stereo in
it, that I hate. I would like to find a working oe stereo in order to have the steering wheel controls,
and the built in XM radio feature. But, it appears there were two options, one being a higher end system.
How can I know which oe radio will work in my car?
Thanks so much!

Tom - Va Beach, VA

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like 6 total, 2 in each front door and 1 in each rear door. Does not appear to have any in the rear cargo area.
I'm guessing that this is probably the entry level system, then, right? I'm seeing factory radios on Ebay, but hesitant
to get one for fear it wont plug in correctly. And not sure what years would be the same. Sometimes these Ebay listings
can be somewhat misleading, or incorrect.

·
Registered
882 Posts
The wiring for radios with subwoofer and without subwoofer are slightly different, they have the same connectors but may not work. You can ask dealer for correct part number of stereo, or try used stereos from local auto wrecking shops. But used stereos can't last long due to age, and OEM stereo sucks. Even 2018 Santa Fe OEM stereos sound worse than $100 aftermarket stereos

·
Registered
58 Posts
I would like to find a working oe stereo in order to have the steering wheel controls, and the built in XM radio feature.
I installed an aftermarket Android in my '08 - which replaced the stock stereo which had XM radio - and I love the stereo - which I also added a backup camera, a Bluetooth OBD interface which allows the stereo to read trouble codes and engine performance. Oh, and the best part is it does work with the steering wheel controls!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts