Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

So im 99.9% sure i have an immobiliser fault! When in the 'ON' position the immob light on the dash will either be steady on (car will start) or flashing (car wont start). This happens randomly and can take a few goes of turning the ignition on and off till the immob light is steady so it will start. On occasion the preset stations on the radio reset also so im not sure if this is an idicator something else is going on? Anyways i called up the Auto electrician this morning he says that this is a well known issue with the getz and he is unable to fix the issue and only the hyundai service centre can. Ive booked the car in with them, just to look at it is $137ph :surprise:

So my question is does anybody out there have any idea how much this is going to cost me at the dealer because it gives me severe anxiety at the thought of getting hyundai to do anything to my car knowing their prices are triple to what an independant guy will charge and hubby isnt confident at having a go at replacing the antenna coil/ring himself (if thats the issue)

Any advice, suggestions are welcome but would really love a ballpark figure at how much the dealer is going to charge me :|

·
Registered
400 Posts
if you go to a stealership, your wallet will be ripped apart

but you would hope they would fix the problem

have you googled your issue?

can you live with the problem?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
"Stealership" :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Yep done lots of googling and was happy to not bother getting it repaired then came across a a thread with the same issues who's car eventually refused to start at all :|

I contacted another auto electrician who says he can fix this type of issue ?? Dunno if he actually can but I've booked it in anyway. I think the $97 diagnostic assessment with the AE is worth it even if he can't fix it to possibly avoid the "stealership":laugh:

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
A generic scantool probably won't show anything to do with the security system. A good tool should. Where will you find an independent mechanic charging only $46/hr?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts