Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need the wiring diagrams for the shift selector circuit. I'm having a weird problem, my shifter skips over D and goes to 3 instead. Car starts and drives just fine, I've replaced the Range Sensor and checked continuity across the terminals pins. If anyone else has had this issue any help will be appreciated!

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Does it change through to 4th gear?

I had a quick look to see what style shifter this has and similar to ours being gated but no tippy. On my previous cars you go down to D, full auto, slide shifter across,l now in manually selected 3. Box would go to 3. That would be activated by a micro switch in the shifter assembly, then it's 2, L from there.

So I don't understand how it drives fine with 3 displayed and still goes to 4th

I dare say it's the wire at the rear that goes to the ATM Lever Switch, pins 3,7,8

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, I meant it shifts through 1 to 3rd fine. There is no 4th/OD. You physically can't select it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wanted to update for anyone that may have this issue in the future. There was a momentary contact switch in the shifter itself that had a metal tab missing. Its the same type of button as the Park/Neutral safety switch. Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts