Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This will be the first antifreeze change on the '08 and, most likely on the '11 also. Not positive about the '11 'cause we bought it used.

Any gotcha's I need to know about?

Is there a block drain, or will the entire system empty satisfactorily through the rad drain?

Thanks all!

slmjim

·
Registered
25 Posts
2009 accent. Found my drain plug in a very convient place. A blue phillips plastic plug with a "o" ring on it. Removed the plug drained the coolant and replaced ith just a little over a gallon of premix coolant. Easy Peasy. will do it again a few more times just to make sure its all nice and new.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Helps to give it a flush with the garden hose just to remove any deposit buildup where corrosion will still occur under the sludge even with new coolant. I like to take the bottom hose off and also a heater hose just to make sure. If it's currently clean it's probably no big deal.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm doing mine one gallon at a time. Find the little blue/green phillips plastic screw on the very bottom of the radiator. remove it with a catch pan under it...then...remove the top fill cap to release the air flow. Measure how much came out. In my 2009 accent hatchback it was one gallon. I will probably do this about 2 more times to change out the majority of the coolant. You don't even have to jack it up. Slowlane

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies everyone.

slmjim

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
I use Castrol coolant test strips to test every car and you know when a coolant change is required so you don't waste time and money.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts