Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I just bought a 2008 Accent SE and have a question about the aux input on the stereo. I have a windows mobile phone (Samsung Jack) with a USB connection cable. The AUX input in the car only takes 3.5mm mini stereo however, and I can't find a male usb>3.5mm adapter anywhere on the web! (only female for plugging in headphones) I know there's converters all over for iphone/ipod, but does anybody know of a generic USB>3.5mm converter?

Thanks!

*edit* Forgot to mention: yes, i checked samsung for a cable and also samsung compatible accessory dealers: no luck. It going to have to be a generic USB>3.5 or nothing. :p

·
Registered
6 Posts
QUOTE (digital_redneck @ Jul 11 2010, 09:54 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=340716
Hello! I just bought a 2008 Accent SE and have a question about the aux input on the stereo. I have a windows mobile phone (Samsung Jack) with a USB connection cable. The AUX input in the car only takes 3.5mm mini stereo however, and I can't find a male usb>3.5mm adapter anywhere on the web! (only female for plugging in headphones) I know there's converters all over for iphone/ipod, but does anybody know of a generic USB>3.5mm converter?

Thanks!

*edit* Forgot to mention: yes, i checked samsung for a cable and also samsung compatible accessory dealers: no luck. It going to have to be a generic USB>3.5 or nothing. :p
If it's only a 3.5mm stereo jack, then it's not "ipod compatible" & super-smart. It's just an input (not knocking it in anyway, just saying that's what it is)
You need to connect it in via the headphone jack from your samsung.

Head to an electronics store and buy a short 3.5mm - 3.5mm stereo lead (or 2.5mm if that's what's on your phone). It should only be a few $.
You'll obvioulsy need to control all your music via your samsung.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts