Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Never even got to her first oil change with us.:( I am looking to replace the 07 with another 07(when we get the ins. check ) again that has a really detailed carfax report available. Has had everything done according to manu specs. And then some. Bushing, seat rail, brakes rotors replaced resurfaced.etc. Only thing that wasnt done that we were having issues with on our 07 was the fuel sending units. They are asking around 12k and it has about 88 thousand miles on it.

Now, thing is. I know what issues the 07 has.. ie the fuel sending unit. To me that isnt a deal breaker. But does the 08 have anything BIG that seems to be a common issue? ie tran issue? You know BIG ticket stuff. Our 08 Cobalt currently needs 2G worth of transmission repairs. There is an 08 also available that has about the same miles. I dont have the car fax on it yet. But they are asking about a grand less.

BTW. I LOVED my 07 had put less than 4 thousand miles on her and she was a blast to drive. I dont want anything less than a Limited now. And I miss the AWD so much. Really upset that the chick pulled in front of us and we ended up with a totaled car. Granted we are ok. . but I really loved that car

·
Registered
749 Posts
Look into an '09. if available. 07-08 shared most of the same issues

If you're aware of the "issues" going in, it wont be a big deal, as youll know what to expect

·
Registered
986 Posts
I bought my 08 new, had all the following done under warranty
Fuel Sending Units
Steering rack (I found the leak, not them)
Blend Motor (auto climate control)

Those are the only major things I can think of right now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts