Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hyundai got REALLY cheap for 2010 and ditched the brake light function on the hatch lights and I want to get this feature back for the sake of safety. I thought I was in for a tough splicing project until I found they got so lazy in their cost-cutting that they only eliminated 2 1/2" of wire between the connector and the socket and even left the dual-filament bulb. I laughed for probably ten minutes straight upon discovering this. Before proceeding, I need to make sure an '07-'09 hatch light socket assembly will work so I need a picture of the connectors.

Open the hatch and pop the cover off...

Pull the connector straight down and disconnect the connector.

In particular, I need a picture of this; coming down from the main wiring loom inside the hatch.

And especially this, the connector that feeds power to the sockets in the light unit.

Thank you so much!!!

·
Registered
5,886 Posts
Not to be dense, but how did you get the wiring harness down? I can unplug the 4-wire end on my '08, as shown, but the other end is really embedded in there vertically. No amount of poking, pulling or twisting could get it down. It almost looks like your 2010 has more open space in there.

PS: What brake light function are you referring to, Andrew?

Attachments

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
I was scamming around the ETM for the 8-9 and 10 CM... find a CM with the front smashed, and start swiping the tail wiring fom the harness for the body mounted lights, and off the gate harness. Best I can tell is that style connector is used at the outside (body mount lamps).

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, everybody! :thumbsup: From what I can see with the photos and information everyone has provided, this should be a very simple plug-and-play exercise.

Don, on my '10 the connector slides off the retainer straight down so apparently that's a new thing. And this is what I'm after. If you have a friend or significant other step on the brakes on your Santa Fe, you'll notice that all rear brake lights come on. Not so on the 2010 so this is what people behind me see when I step on the brakes. I want all my brake lights. :grin:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.