Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The doors will not lock/unlock from the button on inside of door panel.

The doors lock/unlock using the fob only.

From some research online there seems to be 2 relays, one for the fob and the other for the door switch.

I ordered relay HMC DECO 95225-38300 but I cannot find where it goes. (I am thinking this part is for a different year sonata)

I checked the #22 20Amp fuse that is labeled door lock/unlock relay and it looks good.

Any help/thoughts/ideas/suggestions appreciated.

I tried to do a find for this topic and could not locate any, either that or it is operator error on my part.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
<bump>

Wow.

Can't believe there are no users out there that have not had or have have heard of this issue.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I would be more inclined to blame the button assy inside the door panel than the relay. Did you check the door panel switch with a meter to see if the contacts were closing? Sometimes exercising the switched over and over will clean the contacts enough for them to work, but its best to replace them if that is the problem.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Could be the switch itself, or I remember there being a connection for the door locks when taking the door panel off. Maybe that has come loose.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I should rephrase. I believe there is a connector (forgot what color) that plugs into the lock switch in the door panel. Check that. Are any other functions in the door acting up?

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK, this gives me a place to start. Any idea how long it takes to disassemble the door? LOL

So it could be the fuse, relay, door button, loose connection or an actuator?

I have been delaying the airbag recall, to I may ask the shop mgr and get his opinion. But past experience with dealers is they are tight lipped about this type of thing b/c they want the $ to repair.

Thanks alot!

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
'Taint the actuator, otherwise you wouldn't be able to lock/unlock the doors with your fob. I had to replace KC's mirror switch as it worked only sometimes. It wasn't too expensive but it's probably a good idea to get a tester or DVM and see if the switch tests ok. Be sure and get one that tests continuity as well as voltage.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
'Taint the actuator, otherwise you wouldn't be able to lock/unlock the doors with your fob. I had to replace KC's mirror switch as it worked only sometimes. It wasn't too expensive but it's probably a good idea to get a tester or DVM and see if the switch tests ok. Be sure and get one that tests continuity as well as voltage.

Thanks Dennis...been a long time as I have not visited much lately.

I have a tester, but to be honest, I don't really know how to use it properly b/c I bought it on sale and have never 'had' to use for a fix around the house. The different settings confuse me..

I assume I can only test when I have the door panel un-assembled, right?

(We are getting ready to pass the Sonata on to my son and are going to STL auto show to check a new car for my wife. Trying to tie up some loose ends before it becomes 'his' car)

·
Registered
129 Posts
Do the door locks work when you use the key? Turn once to unlock the drivers door, twice to unlock all doors.

Is there a door lock/unlock switch on the passengers side? Does it work?

I don't have a 2007, so not sure if your car has these features.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
You only need to remove the outer door panel, which isn't too difficult. It should be within the skill level of an ordinary mechanic; no need for taking it to a dealer. Good luck!

PS They grow up so fast, don't they?

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Do the door locks work when you use the key? Turn once to unlock the drivers door, twice to unlock all doors.

Is there a door lock/unlock switch on the passengers side? Does it work?

I don't have a 2007, so not sure if your car has these features.
Locks work for both the door with key and passenger button.

So I assume it is probably the driver door switch?

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You only need to remove the outer door panel, which isn't too difficult. It should be within the skill level of an ordinary mechanic; no need for taking it to a dealer. Good luck!

PS They grow up so fast, don't they?

Kids? Yes, even tho this one is a late bloomer...lol

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, the weather finally got above 30 so I fixed the issue.

Ordered a used Driver's side master switch.

Took about 90 minutes as I removed the armrest from the panel in order to remove/install it. I guess I didn't have to do that but it seemed easiest way to get it properly attached.

I have pics if anyone is interested.

Thanks for you help!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts