Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2007 Sonata GLS with 134k mi on it is throwing code P2096: Post Catalyst Fuel Trim System Too Lean - Bank 1

I paid a guy to come do a diagnosis and he said it was definitely the downstream o2 sensor. I replaced that, reset the code, but it came back the next time I turned on the car. Spark plugs were replaced 5k mi ago (the light was on before that). Figuring it might be a vacuum leak, but I figured it'd be worth checking if this is a common code/problem for these cars with a known solution.

Any help is appreciated, I really don't want to pay for a second diagnosis/fix that doesn't work given the age of the car.

·
Registered
6,905 Posts
How did he determine it was the sensor?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He said that it wasn't outputting any data until the car reached ~3k RPM

When I replaced it, the plastic of the male end of the electrical connector practically disintegrated. Had to use tweezers to remove bits and pieces from the female end (with the battery disconnected, ofc).

·
Registered
6,905 Posts
Sounds like you found a problem.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Did this get fixed? I have the same issue but my 02 sensors have been replaced and the manifold cat was replaced as well. Just popped back on 10 min after picking my 07 GLS up from having the cat replaced.

Originally throwing P0420 so I replaced the 02 sensors just to make sure it wasn't that. Drove for a couple weeks then it throws P0296. SO I had the manifold catalytic converter replaced today and the **** light popped up 10 min after.

Im hoping it was a fluke and that the cat is getting settled in. I cleared the code so now we wait and see the outcome.

Next I will check for vacuum leak and finally fuel filter clogging or issues.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts