Hyundai Forums banner

07 Santa Fe AC quits working engine runs hot

3K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  canderson 
#1 ·
All the sudden AC will stop blowing cold and engine temp will start rising but radiator doesn't seem to heat up. Will correct itself after about 10 minutes. 3.3L 130,000 miles

#2 ·
UPDATE: keep car home with me today tried to recreate problem. Left idling AC on after about 15 minutes started to run hot temp needle at edge of red. Took car on drive needle went into red then immediately dropped back to halfway. AC never stopped blowing cold. Coolant fans seem to be working can hear them cycle between high and low speed.

#3 ·
Repair the reason for the low coolant in the main cooling system to stop the overheat,, which in turn shuts down the A/C... coolant temp seen by PCM causes PCM to cancel the firing of the A/C relay to run the compressor..

Look at your upper and lower radiator hoses where they both meet joints at rear of engine, both will show signs of leakage/green crud growing out.. remove hoses, clean the joints, and typically best to up and replace the hoses and use (4) #20 hose clamp when re-assemble, then refill coolant.

#7 ·
Thermostat sits under upper hose inlet to engine as one would expect, yes. Remove the housing (aka "Water inlet fitting) (3 screws), and you will find the thermostat underneath.

Wrong info... Thermostat is located where lower hose meets joint (3) 8mm bolt hold cover in place..

The small housing at cross over pipe with upper radiator hose attached is free flowing return to engine.

#9 ·
Forgive me for it appears I mis-interpreted your previous post.. been long boring day today.. I read it a bit fast, and as they say,,, Reading Is Fundamental... I owe you one somewhere

Your pic is correct for the 3.3, the 2.7 is similar in operation..

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.