Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post in here pretty happy that this community exist before anything :D Now I'm having an issue where I do not know how to put back in place this piece (See Pictures) . I was leaving work going back home and I decided to open my sunroof because its been a long winter and I don't see the summer coming lol. The fact is that when I parked it and took my backpack from the rear seat I found this piece of plastic on the rear seat (See Pictures a,b.). So I kind of understood where it should go I think it goes between the window and the external roof of the car (Picture c ) there seems to be a rail where it should slide but who knows the trick to put it back in there do I have to just fold it and shove it in there and try to push it up with something thin ? Did this happened to someone else??? I am glad the piece didn't flew outside the car but inside and on the rear seat

Attachments

·
Registered
8,174 Posts
Is that like a windshield wiper insert? I had something similar fall out of the sunroof on my Gen Coupe. Never did anything with it and no leaks for the last three years.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
This is my first post in here pretty happy that this community exist before anything :D Now I'm having an issue where I do not know how to put back in place this piece (See Pictures) . I was leaving work going back home and I decided to open my sunroof because its been a long winter and I don't see the summer coming lol. The fact is that when I parked it and took my backpack from the rear seat I found this piece of plastic on the rear seat (See Pictures a,b.). So I kind of understood where it should go I think it goes between the window and the external roof of the car (Picture c ) there seems to be a rail where it should slide but who knows the trick to put it back in there do I have to just fold it and shove it in there and try to push it up with something thin ? Did this happened to someone else??? I am glad the piece didn't flew outside the car but inside and on the rear seat
My sons 07 santa fe had that fall out of his car once. If I remember right it was long enough to fill the entire back of it and a little more on each side. Yes I just put it back onto the thin rail and it hasn't caused any trouble since. If I remember right it could go in one of two ways and I just picked one. I made a post of it at the time. I'll see if I can find it.
http://www.hyundai-forums.com/cm-2007-2012-santa-fe/437057-sunroof-gasket.html

1 - 4 of 4 Posts