Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Winter coat time!

Got Nelly ('07 Sonata, pearl white) ready for winter.

> Two coats Black Fire Wet Diamond (18 hours apart)
> 12 hour wait after 2nd BFWD
> Two coats Black Fire Midnight Sun #24 (12 hours apart)

Hard to shot bright white - pics have gently sharpening before resizing.

Regards,
GEWB

·
Banned
335 Posts
Gary I thought I saw a dirt but it was my computer screen. Beautiful. I did spot the spot on pic #1 though. My Sonata has been

the victim of little kids again, and a Bus just creamed my windshield with a rock. No crack but a crater. Looks like a BB :gitara:

Attachments

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (NFV6 @ Oct 15 2010, 09:35 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=363805
Gary I thought I saw a dirt but it was my computer screen. Beautiful. I did spot the spot on pic #1 though. My Sonata has been

the victim of little kids again, and a Bus just creamed my windshield with a rock. No crack but a crater. Looks like a BB :gitara:
Yup, that's a paint chip from a stone. I have a lot of small road rash spots - that is the largest; there are around 10 more a little smaller and four dozen the size of a pin head. Next spring I'll take Nelly in for some paintless dent repair (three dings to fix), break out the Flex polisher, clean up the clear coat, spot paint the road rash then reapply the sealant.

Regards,
GEWB

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
Nice to see another Blackfire Wet Diamond user on the board! How do you like the midnight sun wax as a topper? I've been considering it for a while now.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Gorgeous. How long did it take?
I need to do mine. I have swirls and don't have the guts to compound them out.
Plus the days to cure.
You did great.

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
QUOTE (Suzanna @ Oct 16 2010, 07:49 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=363980
Plus the days to cure.
You did great.
Fear not...if you want to get rid of swirls, forget everything you think you know about paint. I detail cars on the side and know quite a bit about paint correction.

I'd recommend with the starter kit you'll find here. If you have any questions or need any help, don't hesitate to PM me.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
QUOTE (lovemysantafe @ Oct 16 2010, 08:00 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=363970
Nice to see another Blackfire Wet Diamond user on the board! How do you like the midnight sun wax as a topper? I've been considering it for a while now.
I really like BFWD topped with BF Midnight Sun (batch #24) - BFMS very slightly takes the sharpness off the BFWD but the beading also changes slightly.

I change off between Midnight Sun and Fusion depending on the look I want. I will also leave Wet Diamond with no topper.

Regardless of the last step, all three make me turn my head as I walk away from Nelly!

Regards,
Gary

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
QUOTE (Suzanna @ Oct 16 2010, 08:49 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=363980
Plus the days to cure.
You did great.
Time to apply each coat isn't too bad, about 90 minutes each. The Black Fire Wet Diamond goes on / comes off very easily - the key is a little practice to get full coverage but apply as thin as possible - thin is important. Midnight Sun is the same, easy on/off but thin. However, the AG Fusion is by far the easiest wax to use - takes me an hour to do Nelly.

Note that I had polished Nelly l while back so I didn't have swirls to deal with. The full polish took about 10 hours.

Regards,
GEWB

·
Registered
363 Posts
QUOTE (lovemysantafe @ Oct 17 2010, 05:50 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=364019
Fear not...if you want to get rid of swirls, forget everything you think you know about paint. I detail cars on the side and know quite a bit about paint correction.

I'd recommend with the starter kit you'll find here. If you have any questions or need any help, don't hesitate to PM me.
I have a PC! Have only used it once. It wore me out. Not used to the vibration and weight.

I have been told I can't burn the paint with it but I am not sure about that. I didn't move it too well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts