Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 07 santa fe limited. and my drivers side foglight went out, i replaced it with the same size bulb and three days later the new bulb blows!!!! but the other side is still going with the original bulb >:/ is it a wiring problem or do lights randomly blow out on the drivers side of the door??

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
Did you touch the bulb with your bare fingers? If so that's probably what lead to the quick death as halogen bulbs are very sensitive to the oils on human skin.

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
No problem. :thumbsup: Either handle it by the base or use some nitrile or latex gloves if you want that extra insurance.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also had a similar problem with the driver side foglight on my SF 07 Limited. This occurred around the 14 month of my new ownership.
It was not a bulb problem, but the bulb holder was poorly wired. Thus no luice to the bulb assembly. Actually, I would consider it a poor factory job.
However, I simply replaced the bulb holder unit myself (thought it was a bulb problem so I did not go to the dealer under warranty). It was a snap to replace. Bought the part at the local auto supply store - it's a standard part -= for about $15.00
No problems since.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts