Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Entourage has been burning through headlight bulbs. I replace each bulb atleast 2x a year. I've tried different brands, even buying a set of oem bulbs and they all don't last. I don't touch the glass, wash my hands first, take all the normal precautions. Is there a control module or something that could be killing these bulbs? Its always the low beam, and we do leave the lights on all the time. My 09 touring has the original bulbs in it still and have never had an issue.

·
Registered
114 Posts
My Entourage has been burning through headlight bulbs. I replace each bulb atleast 2x a year. I've tried different brands, even buying a set of oem bulbs and they all don't last. I don't touch the glass, wash my hands first, take all the normal precautions. Is there a control module or something that could be killing these bulbs? Its always the low beam, and we do leave the lights on all the time. My 09 touring has the original bulbs in it still and have never had an issue.
RE: Its always the low beam, and we do leave the lights on all the time

For safety I drive with lights on, regular blubs don't seem to last long. If you live on rough roads blub light is going to be less.
(HIDS aren't affected by rough road conditions as there's no filament like with Halogens)

1st step is to check the charging system to make sure the ALTERNATOR is putting out correct voltages.

2nd thing is to consider your options.

Halogen blubs have a lifespan of appox 300 hrs IIRC.

One solution would be to go to HID (Since the Entourage has projection housings)

Lifespan HID =3000+ hrs, 3x the light.

Just converted mine over.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The other night my low beam headlights quit working and I can not find any info on trouble shooting the trouble. HELP !!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
We have been having the same issue with our 2007 Hyundai Entourage...purchased in 2007 and didn't have bulb burn out until fall of 2010. Since then, seems like the new bulbs burn out every 3-5 months.

Spoke to the maintenance team at one of our local Hyundai dealerships and they stated this has been a common issue with non OEM bulbs, but also Hyundai changed the type of bulb they were installing mid-production from an H11B to a H11 (different connection type).

Depending on the cars production model in 2007, you will either have one of these two. The H11B are the culprits and burn out quickly, though no clear explanation was given why the factory installed bulbs have lasted longer than the new ones.

·
Registered
4 Posts
was here any response to this problem. both my low beams did not work this morning and I can't find any inform on where the fuse or relay might be.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same problem with my driver's side head light. It actually comes on for about 1 second when initially turned on but goes right out. It's not the bulb. Any ideas or solutions out there? Thanks.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I had a car about 6 years ago that seem to blow bulbs every bloody week! Could never find any reason why it occurred. Eventually the battery gave up - it was 10 years old and the original that came with the car - no complaints there. After the battery was changed I never had a single bulb blow again!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a similar problem. I have a 2007 Entourage, which has a dead driver's low beam out. Bulb replaced, all fuses check out fine (in the rear fuse box and front). The lead to the headlight has no power, so it is not the bulb. No physical damage to the wire harness to the headlight. So what and where is the relay located? If anyone can clearly and specifically describe what I need, that would be great a photo is even better. The dealer will not talk to me. They insist on a $150/diagnostic to help. Even though, I gave them all the same info as stated here. TIA if anyone can help me.

·
Registered
83 Posts
The headlamp circuit for our vans is, well, pretty frightening. Fuses? Nope. Relays? Nope. Control modules and data line circuits? Oh yeah.

The high/low beam toggle on the turn signal stalk grounds one of two wires leading directly to the instrument panel module (IPM) which is located "behind left side of dash." The IPM communicates with the front area module (FAM) aka body control module -front end (BCM-FE) over CAN bus circuits.

The FAM then outputs voltage to each headlamp assembly via two circuits. A green wire to each headlamp for the low beam bulb and a white wire to each headlamp for the high beam bulb. No inline connectors to worry about. And BOTH headlamp assemblies are grounded at the same location at the right front corner of the engine compartment.

My 07 does use up low beam bulbs faster that I'd like but it's not crazy. Maybe once a year or even a bit longer.

Hyundais seem to eat bulbs. Sonatas seem to eat brake light bulbs like crazy. IMO 8/10 cars you see on the road with burned out brake bulbs are hyundais. My neighbor has a 2013 and I bought a box of 10 to keep him supplied. I'd like to know what causes the problem.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts