Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! My car has been experiencing some issues for a long time with the heat and air. The first thing to note, all the types of modes work.Climate control is not a dual system. The first issue is the speed and temperature only work at speed four and the highest heat/cold selection. The second problem with this is that my heat during the winter only disperses a faint amount of hot air on the driver side while on the passenger side the heat disperses freezing air at a good amount. I have looked on google and youtube for the issues. I have concluded multiple things. 1. I need to change the resistor. 2. I need a heater core flush. and 3. I need to change the temperature door actuator. However, with all these different issues going on, I would like to know which problem to focus on first in hopes it could fix the other issues. If not, is there any suggestions or anything I leaving out when fixing these issues?
Thanks

·
Registered
786 Posts
When you use the fan blower at setting 1-3, can you still hear the fan blowing, but there is no air flow? or can you also not hear the fan?

If you can not hear the fan, issue/fixes 1 and 3 are separate, and I would perform both of those first before performing step 2.

If you can hear the fan, then fix issue 3 first.

Fix 2 only needs to be completed if you know the temperature door is working correctly and you're still having the issue.

·
Registered
307 Posts
First I would check coolant level, but in the radiator, not in the expansion tank. Although, top off expansion tank as well.
Poor heating is many times associated with low coolant.

Then, there are two coolant lines going through the firewall. Just behind the throttle body. Find them and check them with your hand. Are both getting evenly hot with the fan off?
Then, turn the fan on with set full heat and check them again. Is one much colder?
If both are still hot - do not flush. No need to. Heater core is hot.
The actuator (3) is problem.
Also, how is your cabin filter? Nice and clean?

Missing speeds 1-3 are rather resistor problems. Could be, but rarely happens, that it is the knob itself... so then get used panel and replace.

And report back.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts