Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my driver door lock will not work with either of my key fobs. or with the switch on the inside. it has to be manually locked/unlocked or the key used in the door.. any help??

·
Registered
7,163 Posts
QUOTE (Baller9409 @ Nov 4 2010, 06:23 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=369082
my driver door lock will not work ... it has to be manually locked/unlocked ...
Since the motors in all four doors are wired together in parallel with the exception of the driver's door, and the rest work in response to the fob, that narrows your problem down to what's specific to the driver's door.

1) Wiring to that door
2) Motor in that door
3) (hope for this one) a bad contact in the Key Lock/Unlock Relay, in the ICM relay box, under the dash

BTW - what you did NOT say was whether your fob would LOCK that door. That's an important bit of info.

·
Registered
7,163 Posts
The quickest and cheapest solution would be to try replacing that relay then. If that's not it, you've got a more time consuming problem to trace.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Replace the actuator/latch assembly.. I assume all the other dors work fine ?

·
Registered
7,163 Posts
QUOTE (angelo @ Nov 5 2010, 10:44 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=369240
That should be covered by the Hyundai warranty.
If the OP is lucky, a quick relay swap might save him having his vehicle in the shop for a while as they try to track it down and fix it. If it's not the relay, you bet I'd drop it in their lap. Disassembling doors and tracing wiring is zero fun, and as you say, fully covered in any case... ASSUMING the OP hasn't already burned though the warranty miles. This is an '07, so it's not unreasonable.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
@sbr711 yea all the other doors work fine.
its got 106k miles on it so there is no warranty and the dealer wants to charge me for 2 hours just to look at it so the warranty is non-existant at this point.

·
Registered
7,163 Posts
TRY the relay first. It isn't an expensive thing to do, and will be the least grief for you if it works.

If the relay does not resolve the problem, I hope you're familiar with using a multimeter and are prepared to do some door panel removal and some quick troubleshooting with that meter.

Do you have an account at hmaservice.com yet? If not, you're starting with one (or both) hands tied behind your back. You'll find it invaluable for both sorting out the opening of the door and the troubleshooting.

Pictures like this are worth a whole lot of words...

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
one of my back door locks went out a week ago, any suggestions? cuz the dealer wants $300 a door and the window on that side also isnt working right. and theres no way its worth $300

·
Registered
7,163 Posts
QUOTE (Baller9409 @ May 21 2011, 09:27 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=448883
one of my back door locks went out a week ago, any suggestions? cuz the dealer wants $300 a door and the window on that side also isnt working right. and theres no way its worth $300
If the window and door lock went out just at the same time, I'd suspect wiring to that door (between pillar and door).

So whatever happened with your front door that we were discussing (above) last November??? Were you able to resolve that without tearing the door down to replace the actuator?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i actually went back to college just got back. so i never even got to try it, doing it over this week. but the window works its just towards the top it slows down to almost a crawl, so im assuming the motors burning out?

·
Registered
7,163 Posts
QUOTE (Baller9409 @ May 21 2011, 03:19 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=448984
i actually went back to college just got back. so i never even got to try it, doing it over this week. but the window works its just towards the top it slows down to almost a crawl, so im assuming the motors burning out?
OK - window electronics are working. Could still be the door harness, but also the actuator on that rear door.

As for your back window, it sounds more likely that it's binding in the frame as it approaches the top of its travel. The motor is probably fine but struggling to get the job done at the top. As for the binding - hard to say what may have happened there. Might be worth it to clean and lubricate the rubber seals on each side with a SMALL bit of spray Teflon or silicone (get one with the little straw nozzle) to see if the binding stops. My preferred material for such things is Dupont Krytox, but it's not that easy to find on a retail shelf. DO NOT use WD-40, and that has nothing whatsoever to do with my avatar. Don't use any other petroleum or fish-oil based product, either.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a similar issue if someone could be as so kind to give me some advice. My doors (all 4) started locking on their own like the switch was stuck. then it would stop it wouldnt lock or unlock with the switch then all of a sudden it started working again for 4 months. Then all of a sudden locking again like stuck when it stopped it wouldnt lock or unlock with switch or keyfob either factory or the remote start one I had installed after buying the truck. checked out the fuses and all are good.

removed the door panel on drivers side and unplugged the swittches and tried fobs again. still no go. to be honest if it werent for the fact the hatch woint open without fob i would just unlock with key (key doesnt work for hatch and I dont have that key. car has 130k on it but still runs good

where i dont see a relay in there ....

any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
7,163 Posts
QUOTE (johnpcace @ Jun 13 2011, 06:43 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=460774
I have a similar issue if someone could be as so kind to give me some advice.
That's kind of a different problem. I don't know if the SM version of the Santa Fe was prone to this or not, but you might have more luck over in the SM forum (pre-2007 models), or at least spread your chances of success around a bit by doing that.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just started having this problem with my rear-passenger side door.
It will lock/unlock intermittently, and when I toggle the lock button, I can feel the lock switch try to move.

I'm guessing the locking mechanism itself is dying. maybe worn motor or gunk buildup?

I've already gone through the process of taking the door apart, so I'm sure I can handle the replacement myself.

Where can I buy this part? Can I buy it from the parts counter at the dealership?

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
QUOTE (Steve Schick @ Aug 5 2011, 02:55 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=486324
Where can I buy this part?
Hyundai dealer' parts dept.. dont know if they would have it,, maybe,, the Sonata latches is a hotter item than Santa Fe in my experience.. if they not have on shelf, they be glad to order it from region Hyundai part depot, should be no more than couple day out

Can I buy it from the parts counter at the dealership?
Yes sir.. :thumbsup:

Genuine Hyundai/Kia parts at the dealer.. :banana:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts