Hyundai Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Nice race, usually when you go racing you would ideally take out that sound system (useless weight) as well as smaller lighter wieght wheels (again, 18" is useless mass)

did you try a 50 shot on the accent? Or is that too much for our cars?

·
Registered
9 Posts
hah hah sweet! I'd like to just do an entire engine swap. Maybe build a Mitsu 4g63t to about 500 hp then cram it in there. Could you imagine?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well im going back hopefully tonight with my custom intake [not a cold air] taking the front rims and puting stock one's on .. also taking out the 300 lbs subs ..... lol im sure once i get my pics up and on here everyone will ask how i got them back there !!! lol ........ i was thinking of running one more time with a 50 shot instead of a 25 ..... just probly gonna be next friday ..

·
Registered
215 Posts
would you guys consider NOS is it good or will i just blow my car up. If yes how much NOS (by shot i mean can i install) thaanks

·
Registered
302 Posts
QUOTE (accentJM @ Apr 23 2010, 03:49 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=316074
would you guys consider NOS is it good or will i just blow my car up. If yes how much NOS (by shot i mean can i install) thaanks
if you use the right shot, than your good, definitly better than going the turbo way, mainly because you don't stress the engine often (don't race often) where as turbo for a daily driver is pretty much stress on the engine most of the time, unless really low psi, but than what's the point of it, right?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE (mpfive @ Apr 23 2010, 06:43 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=316151
if you use the right shot, than your good, definitly better than going the turbo way, mainly because you don't stress the engine often (don't race often) where as turbo for a daily driver is pretty much stress on the engine most of the time, unless really low psi, but than what's the point of it, right?
very true ... i will go back in a week and try a 50 shot ... and see how she does ..... but with a 25 shot i lowered my time 1.8 sec in the 1/4 mile !!!!!

·
Registered
724 Posts
With a 50 shot, I'd go wet. 35 is what I'd run most often if I ever had time to race. Nitrous Express offers some innovative kits, like SAFE, Stand Alone Fuel Enrichment, a separate fuel tank and pump that goes under the hood.

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Interesting, but that thing is dangerous...not because is nitrous but just because you wanna hit more and more and more and more. but sure the extra push helps. Also interest to know ur setup.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
QUOTE (LePapirrikY @ Apr 24 2010, 07:53 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=316270
Interesting, but that thing is dangerous...not because is nitrous but just because you wanna hit more and more and more and more. but sure the extra push helps. Also interest to know ur setup.
very simple setup ... install and remove in about ten min lol ... made it that way so i am not tempted to do it over and over ... after that first spray ... i want to race every thing i saw lol ... but i knew better ... lol have only sprayed a total of 6 times .... with a 25 shot ... doing it one more time with a 50 ... lol

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
QUOTE (LePapirrikY @ Apr 24 2010, 06:12 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=316413
well i was hoping for more info than that, is it wet or dry? do you have any type of management or even a brand name?

lol it is a dry shot .. what i like to call the sneky setup took out my amp wire ran the nos line ... and drilled and tapped a hole in my intake ... and powered the solenoid with the cigg lighter.... and secured the 10 lbs bottle in the back lol ...

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well hers the out come ....[ stock ]- 18.2 @ 72.3 mph ...[ intake , 18'' wheels , no muffler ]- 17.9 @ 79.4 mph .... [intake , 18'' wheels , no muffler , 25 shot{ dry } ] 17.23 @ 89.7 mph .... [intake , 2 stock front wheels , open headers , 50 shot{ dry } , pcv bypass , coolant bypass ] 16.51 @ 93.79 mph ...

Video and time slips will be posted once i get my car out of IMPOUND ...lol everything is in the car and i got pulled over for street racing ..lol da-mn nos ... makes u wanna race like a mo-fo lol .... by the way i won the race ... because even though 16.5 is still slow ...lol on a roll it was so responsive ... by the way its an AUTOMATIC TRANS. ... lol

·
1,565 Posts
QUOTE (07accent1.6 @ Apr 30 2010, 01:39 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=318277
Well hers the out come ....[ stock ]- 18.2 @ 72.3 mph ...[ intake , 18'' wheels , no muffler ]- 17.9 @ 79.4 mph .... [intake , 18'' wheels , no muffler , 25 shot{ dry } ] 17.23 @ 89.7 mph .... [intake , 2 stock front wheels , open headers , 50 shot{ dry } , pcv bypass , coolant bypass ] 16.51 @ 93.79 mph ...

Video and time slips will be posted once i get my car out of IMPOUND ...lol everything is in the car and i got pulled over for street racing ..lol da-mn nos ... makes u wanna race like a mo-fo lol .... by the way i won the race ... because even though 16.5 is still slow ...lol on a roll it was so responsive ... by the way its an AUTOMATIC TRANS. ... lol

lol

·
Registered
724 Posts
ouch. naughty-naughty, but good to know...

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
QUOTE (07accent1.6 @ Apr 30 2010, 02:39 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=318277

Good luck with your street racing fine lol!! Don't know what your laws are in Texas...get caught doing it here and ur screwed!!! :grin:

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
QUOTE (ausom accent 9 @ Apr 30 2010, 10:27 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=318395
Good luck with your street racing fine lol!! Don't know what your laws are in Texas...get caught doing it here and ur screwed!!! :grin:
I was going say it's a good thing the OP isn't in Ontario lol

How can a sub box weight 300lbs? Do you really need that much bass in an small hatchback?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
QUOTE (burnitwithfire @ Apr 30 2010, 10:39 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=318414
I was going say it's a good thing the OP isn't in Ontario lol

How can a sub box weight 300lbs? Do you really need that much bass in an small hatchback?

well on the LAST RUN i took out the subs to make the 16.5 pass ..... and at first i was just gonna make my wifes car the beat box ....so i bought 2 15"solo-baric L7's ... and had a box custom made to barley fit in the back .....

but yes we do need that much bass ... and by the way i have already had to replace the back glass because when i first test the system i had all the windows up ... and got to turn it up to 24 level on the volume knob ... and BOOM ..... BYE BYE BACK WINDOW ....

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.