Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
No, nor do I care.. mostly because who's the one with a nicer car? An old POS Chevy that probably looks rofltastic outside and has had the tranny replaced 3 times, or a nice new reliable Hyundai? I think we know who the real winner is.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
man the hyundai pride aroudn here is overwhelming at at times.

the chevy 4.3l v6 is a rock solid drivetrain and i owned one for many years. its geared pretty good in the astros and blazers and has plenty of get up and go. i would go as far as to say its probably more reliable and requires less maintenance in the long run than a hyundai.

·
Registered
497 Posts
The stock accent is gutless.....

I assumed everyone here that owns one realized this.

/thread :whistling:

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
QUOTE (bloodninja @ May 27 2010, 12:52 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=326942
No, nor do I care.. mostly because who's the one with a nicer car? An old POS Chevy that probably looks rofltastic outside and has had the tranny replaced 3 times, or a nice new reliable Hyundai? I think we know who the real winner is.
don't get you'r panties in a bunch .. just thought i'd ask if anybody knew who it was because i want to ask if it was an automatic ... and if it was stock !!!!!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
AND BY THE WAY I GIVE THE ACCENT MAD PROP'S BECAUSE I SAW THE S-10 JUMP A LIL AND IT STILL HUNG RIGHT THERE BY HIS SIDE ... AND ITS A V-6 !!! ....... LMAO

·
Registered
810 Posts
QUOTE (omg grip @ May 27 2010, 12:05 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=326951
yes it is gutless. have anything in the trunk, or turn on your AC, and it turns pathetic.

but hey its an economy car not a stop light drag racer. minivans will kick our asses at a light so big deal.
New minivans also come with over double our HP/torque numbers these days. I saw an ad for one that had nearly 270hp stock. Are you kidding me? For a minivan? Where does any family have to go that fast that it requires the kind of power that sport compacts come with? Totally wasteful if you ask me, but hey - I guess they're just trying to make extra sales to the family man who's in total denial that he needs a minivan and refuses to own one.

Also, I drove one of the new Dodge Caravans for three days as a rental on a family roadtrip. No, I could still kick its **** at a light. Heavy, disgusting pig of a van that was so unfun to drive I'm amazed I didn't drive off the mountains I was driving on just to keep it entertaining.

·
Registered
83 Posts
QUOTE (Naky @ May 28 2010, 01:59 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=327189
New minivans also come with over double our HP/torque numbers these days. I saw an ad for one that had nearly 270hp stock. Are you kidding me? For a minivan? Where does any family have to go that fast that it requires the kind of power that sport compacts come with? Totally wasteful if you ask me, but hey - I guess they're just trying to make extra sales to the family man who's in total denial that he needs a minivan and refuses to own one.

Also, I drove one of the new Dodge Caravans for three days as a rental on a family roadtrip. No, I could still kick its **** at a light. Heavy, disgusting pig of a van that was so unfun to drive I'm amazed I didn't drive off the mountains I was driving on just to keep it entertaining.
Well I don't wanna pop your bubble ... but they do better 1/4 mile times than we do.

As much as I like my car, don't forget, we still drive econoboxs here. With not a big tuning market.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
when you've got the van loaded down with 6 passengers and are loaded down for a week's vacation, trust me, that extra unneccessary power becomes much more useful.

also when you have a small motor in a minivan, the fuel economy flat out sucks because you are having to make that motor work to even get around.

I also agree the new caravan's are TERRIBLE. The kia minivan my dad rented on a subsequent trip, while infinitely boring all the same, was of much better quality. I drove the caravan a few times but didnt get a chance to drive the kia.

·
Registered
810 Posts
QUOTE (HyundaiSR @ May 28 2010, 04:19 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=327458
Well I don't wanna pop your bubble ... but they do better 1/4 mile times than we do.

As much as I like my car, don't forget, we still drive econoboxs here. With not a big tuning market.
I wasn't really serious - at the end of the day, an empty Caravan driven by someone who wants to go would beat us, yes, but they should very well better with the extra HP and torque it has over us. I'm well aware that the only class we should compare ourselves to is our own :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts