Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I don't have a manual for this car I have no idea how to remove/replace the serpentine belt. What's the drill please?

It looks like the passenger side motor mounts has to be removed to get the belt out. And I have no idea where the idler pulley is.... There's just no visibility.

Thanks.

·
Registered
87 Posts
There are multiple threads about this on the forum....Here's the one I used to replace mine a couple of weeks ago. You will end up taking the passenger wheel off and taking the cover off to access the belt and tensioner. You can't do it from above.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are multiple threads about this on the forum....Here's the one I used to replace mine a couple of weeks ago. You will end up taking the passenger wheel off and taking the cover off to access the belt and tensioner. You can't do it from above.

Thanks for the link. Except for needing to remove the fender liner that's helpful. I was hoping there was a way to avoid that.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Thanks for the link. Except for needing to remove the fender liner that's helpful. I was hoping there was a way to avoid that.

Thanks again.
With the panel out of way, it lets more daylight in, and you can actually see/feel
what you need to do to route belt and get at tension pulley arm

1 - 4 of 4 Posts