Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All!

I'm having some issues with my 06 Tucson. When it is raining pretty hard the brake light and battery light come on and I immediately lose power steering until I stop the vehicle and turn it off and back on.

I have had the vehicle to the Hyundai dealership twice now. The first time they stated the serpentine belt was bad and needed to be replaced. Replacing the belt never fixed the problem as it continued happening when raining. The next dealership trip they replaced the serpentine belt tensioner because they said it was not keeping the right amount of tension on the belt. After replacing the tensioner the problem still exists.

It was raining pretty hard here yesterday so I took the vehicle out for a test drive to try to reproduce the problem. There was a rather large flow of water on the right side of the road due to the rain run off. As soon as I steered the vehicle into the 2-3 inch stream the lights came on power steering was gone.

Has anyone else experienced this same problem? The vehicle is at the dealership again this morning. They said it would be hard to reproduce when it's not raining. The service manager said they could try and spray water under the chassis when it's running to see if it happens.

We bought the Tucson brand new in 2006 and have 37,000 miles on it. Other than the radio being dead when we drove it off the lot we have not had and problems with the vehicle.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Andy Smith

2006 Hyundai Tucson Limitied
37,000 miles

·
Registered
1 Posts
We are having the identical issue with our 2007. If you keep running vehicle it takes about 2 minutes to start getting an electrical burning smell in the passenger compartment (from engine area).

Has anybody had this problem? One post I saw elsewhere said that Hyundai identified the issue as the serpentine belt -- but that did not resolve the issue for that owner.

Thanks,

QUOTE (andsmith79 @ Jun 11 2008, 10:37 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=168438
Hi All!

I'm having some issues with my 06 Tucson. When it is raining pretty hard the brake light and battery light come on and I immediately lose power steering until I stop the vehicle and turn it off and back on.

I have had the vehicle to the Hyundai dealership twice now. The first time they stated the serpentine belt was bad and needed to be replaced. Replacing the belt never fixed the problem as it continued happening when raining. The next dealership trip they replaced the serpentine belt tensioner because they said it was not keeping the right amount of tension on the belt. After replacing the tensioner the problem still exists.

It was raining pretty hard here yesterday so I took the vehicle out for a test drive to try to reproduce the problem. There was a rather large flow of water on the right side of the road due to the rain run off. As soon as I steered the vehicle into the 2-3 inch stream the lights came on power steering was gone.

Has anyone else experienced this same problem? The vehicle is at the dealership again this morning. They said it would be hard to reproduce when it's not raining. The service manager said they could try and spray water under the chassis when it's running to see if it happens.

We bought the Tucson brand new in 2006 and have 37,000 miles on it. Other than the radio being dead when we drove it off the lot we have not had and problems with the vehicle.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Andy Smith

2006 Hyundai Tucson Limitied
37,000 miles

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
Sounds like a critical wiring harness someplace is a little leaky and shorting out someplace. Could be very difficult to track down. Scan for trouble codes, might come up with something.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Check for a torn/broken harmonic balancer (damper pulley). If you've already replaced the serp belt and serp tensioner that'd be the next step. Hyundai actually has an updated pulley, for the second time.

·
Registered
1 Posts
its 2019 I have a 2006 tucson same issues wet road lose power steering today it has worsened just replace clutch and had an oil leak fixed it has been a fine vehicle but

1 - 5 of 5 Posts