Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last year when I purchased my car I had to learn the trick about grasping the handle and gently pulling it to the side then pulling down on it to get it to open. Now I have lost the ability to open my glove box this way as well. The handle feels as though it is only connected by the whatever mechanism is holding it shut and the tabs that are supposed to release when retracted are stationary. Literally nothing happens when I try to open it, the handle just freely moves. Someone, please tell me how to get this thing open WITHOUT destroying my car, again please. :) ***It does NOT have the lock option aka doesn't have a key hole lock***

·
Registered
13,334 Posts
Last year when I purchased my car I had to learn the trick about grasping the handle and gently pulling it to the side then pulling down on it to get it to open. Now I have lost the ability to open my glove box this way as well. The handle feels as though it is only connected by the whatever mechanism is holding it shut and the tabs that are supposed to release when retracted are stationary. Literally nothing happens when I try to open it, the handle just freely moves. Someone, please tell me how to get this thing open WITHOUT destroying my car, again please. :) ***It does NOT have the lock option aka doesn't have a key hole lock***
Take a floppy piece of plastic and slide it in to the right or left of the latch and "sneak" it in from behind.

Cutting a plastic bottle or jug would provide the kind of plastic you need. Also, try cutting it in an "L" shape and get the bottom part of the "L" in the middle of the glove box where the latch is. All it is (or used to be) is a V shaped piece of plastic with the top part of the V facing you => >. You need to slide it along the top side of the >

You may even try cutting it in a U with one side elongated, so you have a handle to hold on to and that way it won't slide off of the latch.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts