Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if anyone has run into this before. I did a tune up on my 06 Tiburon GT this weekend (plugs, oil change, air filter and serpentine belt). Now the car idle tends to stick at around 2000 rpm (sometimes 2500). I can tap the throttle with my foot and generally get it to idle down, but other times it takes about 45 seconds or a minute for it to idle down on its own. I checked for vacuum leaks, pinched hoses, unplugged hoses and have found nothing. No lights are on on the dash (check engine, etc..) It did this one time about 6 months ago, but by the time I got the car home it had quite doing so and hasn't again until after the recent tune up.

Appreciate any advice anyone may have.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Look at where the cruise cable goes into the cruise module... you likely puuled the jacket out of the module... cut the plastic coating off just nough to allow the liner to go back in, and then put some RTV around the cable/fitting to help keep water/dirt out.

Make sure the accell & cruise cables from bracket at intake to the throttle arm have some slop.. should be fine after you take the pull out of the cruise cable at the module.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts