Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a squealing noise in the power steering pump when I first started the car in the morning. It would squeal about 5-10 minutes until the engine warmed up, and would finally stop. I decided to replace it today, an cannot seem to get the air out of the system. I have raised the front wheels off the ground and turned all the way left and right (with the engine off) at least 40 times. I am wondering if my connections are tight enough. I don't want to break a bolt. Now, when I start the engine, I get a loud whine when I steer back and forth. The fluid is at the proper level. I have seen some advice someone gave, to remove the reservoir and clean the screen with brake cleaner. Have not tried that yet, but before I leave, does anyone have any thoughts?

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Fill it up, turn lock - lock,, return to center, and correct the fluid,, leave it sit and idle for bit,, fuzz in fluid will work itself out..

P/S aint rocket surgery

Dirty - clogged screen in bottom of bottle will stave pump for oil, and make for a mess (overflow) if it cannot circulate incoming oil back to feed pump.

Fill in your profile to reflect your 2006 Sonata 2.4L or 3.3L & add a location so we know which market you in..

·
Registered
4,231 Posts
My question is why did you replace the pump when it was obviously just a slipping belt?
Oh my guess is it's the alternator belt slipping.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts