Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

Please help me maybe you have had this before:
I have bought 2006 gl sonata 2.4. Car sounds good though rattle noise comes on and go of any time. I can drive my car for an hour and never hear anything, or i can just start the engine and hear the rattle. The noise is the same all the time though it could be louder or more silent randomly. My AC doesn't work. One friend of me said it must be AC compressor that starts and stops by itself because of the some magnet in it.
could that be true or there is a different reason?

Thanks a lot for your help!

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
this is very possible. the AC compressor uses a magnetic clutch to engage/disengage the system. if its not holding it could certainly cause an intermittent rattle. the AC in some hyundais is also designed to turn on briefly with the car to remove humidity from inside the car - to reduce fogging of the windows. this happens automatically regardless of if the AC is on or off.

so, confirm the problem. start car, open hood and turn on the AC. does it rattle? wheres it coming from? could also be a fan such as the rad fan or the condenser fan for the AC. there are many options. get your head under that hood and you'll find it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If i turn AC on it is not make rattle on. I tried to find out where is that noise coming from but i have no idea. My mechanic said he doesn't now either, the engine sounds nice :)
i would say it's somewhere on the left side from the engine if i look at it from the front, and somewhere on a bottom.
by the way: where do AC compressor and fans that you are talking about locate?

here s the video with the noise sound youtube.com/watch?v=82O19CZUCDw&feature=youtu.be

thank you for your help!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts